2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves starting pitching staff does not demonstrate a commitment to winning. And that was true even before the injury.
They aren’t developing pitchers under Kranitz. Throwers with plenty of talent, yes. Soroka, Fried, Minter-all have been giving credit to outside sources for their recent successes. Not sure that Chuck Hernandez was making any difference with the staff before he was canned. Also, 80% of the starters are not here after Soroka went down, from 2019.

Padres acquired Yonder Alonso from the Braves for cash.
Acuna apparently hurt himself on a slide. The I.L. list is getting long. From MLBTR:
The Braves made outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. a late scratch before their game against the Yankees on Tuesday because of left wrist discomfort. He’ll undergo further evaluation in New York on Wednesday, Mark Bowman of MLB.com tweets.

Last edited:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, Touissant pitched better than his final line. 2 errors and a bad route by Ozuna really cost him. In saying that, I totally agree with @kg01. We had a chance to get Wheeler or Ryu in addition to Hamels and failed to do it. I would have rather taken some of the money that we spent on the pen to add one more starter. Right now, I only have confidence in Fried and Touissant.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Came here to report the same and my loyal Braves warriors have beat me to the punch. That’s why I love this community.
Even though we don’t agree on everything(even a married couple spending eternal earth together, don’t see eye to eye all the time), you & your sister are loved unconditionally. At least through noontime today. Lol!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They aren’t developing pitchers under Kranitz. Throwers with plenty of talent, yes. Soroka, Fried, Minter-all have been giving credit to outside sources for their recent successes. Not sure that Chuck Hernandez was making any difference with the staff before he was canned. Also, 80% of the starters are not here after Soroka went down, from 2019.

I'll take your word for this piece. I also think the problem is a lack of talent. Everyone could see Folty was a headcase one pitch away from derailing himself. Newcomb is clearly not it (as the kids say).

It was known after last season the staff needed more but they decided to sit on their ***esets.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per MLBTR:
The Braves aren’t expecting either second baseman Ozzie Albies or first baseman Matt Adams to return next week, manager Brian Snitker said Wednesday (via David O’Brien of The Athletic). Both players have been on the injured list since Aug. 5 (Albies for a wrist issue, Adams for a hamstring problem), though Albies is obviously the more important member of the club. After all, Albies turned in terrific seasons in 2018 and ’19 as a full-timer in the Braves’ lineup. They’ve primarily gone to Johan Camargo and Adeiny Hechavarria at the keystone in Albies’ absence.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced that outfielder Scott Schebler went unclaimed on waivers and has been outrighted to their alternate training site in Gwinnett. Because he’s been assigned to the alternate training site, Schebler remains in the 60-player pool and is eligible to rejoin the club at a later date this season.

GT_EE78

Banned
Let's hope we have the Wright guy on the mound tonight.
Things could be worse - banged up or not , we're in first if we sweep the fish
d"Arnaud solo shot has us at 1-0 after 2
FSSO