2020 Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Fantastic pitching by Erlin today. I thought he was an excellent under the radar pickup because he's a left-handed version of Tomlin, basically. Tomlin is going to start Tuesday which is nice to see.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Braves brothers & sisters (are there sisters here? )....

Nationals starters for Mon-Wed series:

A.Sanchez - Awful so far in 2020. So bad. Can't get anyone out. 3 starts. 13 innings (that's barely 4IP/start). 0-3. 9.69 ERA.

A.Voth - OK. 3 starts (no help). 0-2. 3.21 ERA.

E.Fedde - Strong so far. ... the guy who's come in when Strasburg leaves early. 1-1 (5 app... 2 starts). 2.55 ERA.

You're not facing Scherzer who is returning to form after a hammy problem a week or so ago. He has been strong in last 2 starts.

Nationals lineup has 3 consistent bats right now. Turner, Soto, & Cabrera. Today, Turner-Soto were 1-2 in order for the first time all year. A good move by Martinez because Eaton (at #2) is in a severe slump.

Nationals (as currently constructed) can't score more than 3-5 runs in a game. I'd walk Soto every AB (ala Bonds) if I were Snitker. He can hit any pitch in zone out of all parts of the ballpark. He knows the strike zone. His 2-strike approach is A+++. He's really fun to watch.

GT_EE78

Banned
Fantastic pitching by Erlin today. I thought he was an excellent under the radar pickup because he's a left-handed version of Tomlin, basically. Tomlin is going to start Tuesday which is nice to see.
I'm also happy to see tomlin get a start. All we really have to do is make the playoffs,get healthy and find two more decent starters to go along with Max.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Going into the Saturday game:
Collectively the Atlanta Braves are batting .245 and averaging five runs per game, which both are 12th in MLB. As a pitching staff, the Braves are 20th with a 4.55 team ERA, which has jumped up almost a full run for where it was four games ago.

Braves are now 4-5 vs. teams with a winning record. Atlanta is 3-4 on the road.

GT_EE78

Banned
we just started on FSSE which i'm not getting so far this year-ugh
only 1 ahead of fish,looks like fish have an off night
Tomlin v Voth
Freddie battin 2nd,adams 5th
hope to see Pache

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Time to move on from this dude.

No worries, gtbow. The Barves are just keeping themselves warm by snuggling up with all the shiny new "prospects" that might probably possibly maybe become ... something 6 years from now but probably not.

No need to let go of any of 'em to get some actual starting pitching to actually win games. Who needs that? It's not like your wasting the last prime years of your MVP-caliber 1st baseman or anything. Those grow on trees.