2020 Atlanta Braves News

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
The Braves will need to get a big name arm in there asap if we have any chance of beating up the AL East. This really sucks! Our pen looks decent but our starters cant even get through 5 innings!

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Newk is staying and expect Folty back or Bryce Wilson for the last spot. Zero chance, in my opinion, that the Braves or any team make a significant trade during a season that could be canceled at the drop of a hat.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don’t underestimate trades. There are organizations that would jump at a chance to enhance their farm system for 2021. Throughout time, teams like the Yankees trade prospects for a shot to solidify a W.S. opportunity.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Don’t underestimate trades. There are organizations that would jump at a chance to enhance their farm system for 2021. Throughout time, teams like the Yankees trade prospects for a shot to solidify a W.S. opportunity.
This is why I suggested Joe Musgrove. The Pirates need to restock their farm and he has become a really good pitcher. Offer the Pirates Bryse Wilson, Greyson Jenista/Trey Harris and Folty/Chacin so they can have someone to eat innings.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This is why I suggested Joe Musgrove. The Pirates need to restock their farm and he has become a really good pitcher. Offer the Pirates Bryse Wilson, Greyson Jenista/Trey Harris and Folty/Chacin so they can have someone to eat innings.
I would do it. The first three including Wilson, Jenista and Harris sound equitable for the Bucs. They need some young talent.
Hamels comes back in September, Will Smith was working out in Truist Park, yesterday. It’s not time to panic. Newk. needs to not be so fine. Trust his stuff.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hopefully, Matt Adams won’t be out too long with the hamstring.
Hearing it is possibly only a strain, vs. a pull. Not that he is Acuna on the base paths, but he has to be able to run and derive some push from that area while swinging in the box.
———————————————————————————————————
Concerned about the starting pitching. In no way will Alex A. stop discussions, despite several other teams looking for the same. He has to consider all proposals.
Atlanta has 69 runs in 12 games for 5.75 runs per game. That is not sustainable, when facing the big three with Washington and the other staffs who will get in a groove later on. Especially in the post season, when you need 3 really good starting pitchers.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced this morning that they’ve placed second baseman Ozzie Albies and first baseman Matt Adams on the 10-day injured list. Albies is dealing with a bone contusion in his right wrist, while Adams is hobbled by a hamstring strain. In a pair of corresponding moves, Atlanta activated outfielder Nick Markakis and recalled catcher Alex Jackson from their alternate training site.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hearing it is possibly only a strain, vs. a pull. Not that he is Acuna on the base paths, but he has to be able to run and derive some push from that area while swinging in the box.
———————————————————————————————————
Concerned about the starting pitching. In no way will Alex A. stop discussions, despite several other teams looking for the same. He has to consider all proposals.
Atlanta has 69 runs in 12 games for 5.75 runs per game. That is not sustainable, when facing the big three with Washington and the other staffs who will get in a groove later on. Especially in the post season, when you need 3 really good starting pitchers.
Mark DeRosa said that the Braves should make a push for Lance Lynn and I totally agree with him. Lynn would definitely stabilize everything.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Has Riley exhausted all his value yet or could he still be traded for a starter like I wanted them to do last season?

GT_EE78

Banned
Has Riley exhausted all his value yet or could he still be traded for a starter like I wanted them to do last season?
Nah, he's our future at 3B, HE'LL COME AROUND.. THE 3 3RUN SHOT WAS GOOD LAST NIGHT
(sorry bout caps-accident )