2020 Adidas Swag Thread

Milwaukee

Banned
There's some decent polos on the BN website, but quality and fit have been hit or miss. I don't agree on the t-shirts, but 100% on the text down the sleeves. Just ruined so many that I might have gotten otherwise. Same with the shirts that had text down the spine. Just looks tacky to me.

Yea I grabbed 5 of the Adidas polos from BN last year, I like them all except for 1. I’m sure they’ll be good again this year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If there was ever a year for Adidas to come out with a pocket tee line, it is 2020. @Milwaukee

1595271678811.png

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I meant why would one want Nike? I don’t think it would be substantially different from adidas in terms of quantity or colors or quality—sizing I’m not sure about. The fact is we fit adidas’ footprint and mission much better. We would have been the 80th CFB priority for Nike, at adidas we are among their top ten in priority for CFB I would say, because of conference and market/geography. And you have to keep things in perspective—this is SO much better than being with Russell it’s hard to even compare, like going from the dark ages to suddenly arriving in the 21st century.
What it really comes down to for me is Nike clothes are just 50 times better. Better material and design templates, clothes fit bitter and more true to size. Just go look at some of the Tech Adidas shirts, ignore colors and just look at the designs. Nike shirts are clean, team logo, teams saying or hashtag and a Nike logo. I don’t need a small GT logo with a weird football helmet that looks like an alien would wear it. The. NFL, NBA, and now even MLB are Nike for a reason.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
What it really comes down to for me is Nike clothes are just 50 times better. Better material and design templates, clothes fit bitter and more true to size. Just go look at some of the Tech Adidas shirts, ignore colors and just look at the designs. Nike shirts are clean, team logo, teams saying or hashtag and a Nike logo. I don’t need a small GT logo with a weird football helmet that looks like an alien would wear it. The. NFL, NBA, and now even MLB are Nike for a reason.
I agree. Adidas is more kid like.

Nike has nice designs and layouts. They understand the consumer.

I think the adidas contract is strictly for the SA.
I'd say nike, and adidas both think we don't have a fanbase to buy stuff which may be true. Just wish we were a factory and had some sweet nike gear. Wish we were big enough to be a top 10 priority school for Nike.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Lol I will always wear short sleeve t-shirts. It's too damn hot in GA to not too. I only go outside in the AM and evening. I live in shorts and t-shirts since working from home. Haven't worn pants in 4 months. If I never had to again I'd be happy :ROFLMAO:
Shorts only? Check! T-shirts? Not really—I’m a Hawaiian/batik sort of guy.

Last week, for my birthday my wife got me a bunch of nerdy socks—flying beer mugs, cats in rocket ships...you get the picture. (I also got a sweet AUFC replica white-and-gold Jersey, mentioned up-thread.) I looked at her and said, “When is the last time you saw me wear socks?”

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I just want to find a GT tank top. Already gave the basketball jersey but it’s been hot up here in MI this summer. Like GA hot! Plus I was working out during quarantine and it’s time to let’s the guns out!! Lol

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t really see a huge difference in the actual designs provided by Nike or adidas. I’m basing that based on the gear that appears on the bookstore’s website compared to Nike school’s bookstores. There’s basically 4 general designs both companies use, and they’re very similar to each other
  • Small logo - small team logo on the left chest of the shirt
  • Large logo - large team logo on the center of the shirt
  • Team name - ie: (Georgia Tech, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Yellow Jackets, Bulldogs, etc.) generally on the center of the shirt, and may be accompanied by a logo as well
  • Slogan - ie: “Together We Swarm, Go Dawgs, Roll Tide, etc.” Also may be accompanied by a logo

Essentially every shirt design from both companies fits into one those categories, and they all look very similar in overall design. If you took the brands off the front of the shirt I highly doubt anybody would actually know the difference in a Nike or adidas shirt based on design alone.
Where I do think Nike has a pretty obvious edge over adidas is wit’s sizing. Most Nike shirts will fit relatively the same, regardless of the material they’re made of. Adidas really struggles with size consistency, and I’ve found that 2 different styles of shirts can have a difference of 2 sizes of fit. Some XLs fit like mediums, others fit like 2XLs. I do think the actual quality of the material and design on the products themselves are generally better for adidas than Nike. My adidas shirts tend to hold their quality, color, and design much better and longer than my Nike stuff does.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Even Under Armour which I know is struggling right now has some great apparel. Up to now they’ve actually made better apparel for us than our official supplier.

Milwaukee

Banned
Like @SteamWhistle mentioned Nike just has much cleaner templates. Adidas apparel is noisy af, looks like children’s gear.

Compared to:

The gold adidas one infuriated me as all they needed to do was slap a small white GT on the chest opposite side of the Adidas logo, but they went with their noisy sleeve text again.

And when they make their best looking product available it’s only for women lmao. Why this 1/4 zip was not a mens option is beyond me. And they still ruined it with the text down the spine 😂.

Last edited:

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Like @SteamWhistle mentioned Nike just has much cleaner templates. Adidas apparel is noisy af, looks like children’s gear.

Compared to:

The gold adidas one infuriated me as all they needed to do was slap a small white GT on the chest opposite side of the Adidas logo, but they went with their noisy sleeve text again.

And when they make their best looking product available it’s only for women lmao. Why this 1/4 zip was not a mens option is beyond me. And they still ruined it with the text down the spine 😂.

It’s only in women’s because everyone knows “short sleeve tees are for kids” and 1/4 zip is for little bitches. ;)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Do they not make this for Adults???

This is all I ask for...
I've seen 3 clean t-shirts I like, but are for kids... then the adults get the goofy designs lol
Screenshot_20200720-214658_Chrome.jpg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Do they not make this for Adults???

This is all I ask for...
I've seen 3 clean t-shirts I like, but are for kids... then the adults get the goofy designs lol View attachment 8611
That’s literally a men’s hoodie available Kohl’s

Another that’s basically identical available at ****’s

And a zip hoodie with a small GT on the chest on the bookstore site

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Its a much smaller logo.
One at Kohls is for kids, or "primary" students.
The one at dicks is okay, doesn't pop the same way as the other.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Also prefer the gold adidas below the neckline on the "kids" sweatshirt.

Little things matter to me for clothes or else they are ruined for me.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Also prefer the gold adidas below the neckline on the "kids" sweatshirt.

Little things matter to me for clothes or else they are ruined for me.
Gonna have to get better at jumping on things when they are released, man. The sweatshirt you posted a picture of IS an adult sweatshirt, only available in XL now because it came out last year and the rest of the sizes have sold out. Within the next month or so, see what this year’s full Fall release brings, and jump on things before they sell out. Keep your eye on this thread. Either myself or someone else will post every new item here.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Its a much smaller logo.
One at Kohls is for kids, or "primary" students.
The one at dicks is okay, doesn't pop the same way as the other.
Dude.... Please tell me you didn’t just say that...:facepalm::banghead:
The name of the item on the shops is:
Men’s adidas Navy Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Primary School Logo climawarm Pullover Hoodie”

“Primary School Logo” does not mean primary school aged kids lmfaooo. It means the primary logo of the school, ie: the GT. If Buzz was on the hoodie it would say “Secondary School Logo”. Please, please, please tell me you were joking
AF91C02C-5671-4C48-9D5F-2CFD8EABE5ED.jpeg