2020 Adidas Swag Thread

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently not. Is it by design or by chance that it's not?

Well, we are year 3 (right?), and people are still wearing lots and lots of blue. Look around at a football, basketball, baseball game. I’d say until fans speak with their wallet and refuse to buy any blue (which isn’t really gonna happen), we will still get mostly blue gear from Adidas.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, we are year 3 (right?), and people are still wearing lots and lots of blue. Look around at a football, basketball, baseball game. I’d say until fans speak with their wallet and refuse to buy any blue (which isn’t really gonna happen), we will still get mostly blue gear from Adidas.

If it were only the gear situation that would be one thing. There was an initial push of white and gold branding, but (light) navy blue is being presented as THE primary color of GT now. All of our media branding on ESPN is more blue than anything else. On-screen graphics, colors used for scoring and stats etc. More recent signage around the stadium is blue than gold. Field paint includes more blue than it ever has. New blue paint around the basketball court. The most common presentation of our logo in the media is a gold GT on a navy background. Lots of athletic uniforms that are almost fully blue and white. It's all like nails on a chalkboard to me. AA and Adidas made their decisions though. It is obviously very much by design.

Wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If it were only the gear situation that would be one thing. There was an initial push of white and gold branding, but (light) navy blue is being presented as THE primary color of GT now. All of our media branding on ESPN is more blue than anything else. On-screen graphics, colors used for scoring and stats etc. More recent signage around the stadium is blue than gold. Field paint includes more blue than it ever has. New blue paint around the basketball court. The most common presentation of our logo in the media is a gold GT on a navy background. Lots of athletic uniforms that are almost fully blue and white. It's all like nails on a chalkboard to me. AA and Adidas made their decisions though. It is obviously very much by design.

Wrong thread, sorry!
To me it’s a sign that nobody in the GTAA either went to GT or really even cares about our brand. They just went with the easiest laziest option as always with Georgia Tech

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
What happened to the whole rebranding and making sure we'd have enough good gold gear for the fans to be wearing consistent gold in the stands

Crazy how it’s like the same 5 people on this board who don’t have any gold Tech gear. I have gold hat, gold hoodie, plenty of gold t-shirts, a gold polo, a gold basketball jersey.

Do I wish there were more gold options? Sure. But if you want gold apparel it’s certainly out there.

Crazy how it’s like the same 5 people on this board who don’t have any gold Tech gear. I have gold hat, gold hoodie, plenty of gold t-shirts, a gold polo, a gold basketball jersey.

Do I wish there were more gold options? Sure. But if you want gold apparel it’s certainly out there.
But not always easy to find, and certainly not for the sidewalk fans.

Our AD and head coach care deeply about our brand.

Now, what you think that brand is and what they think it is might differ, but they care deeply about brand.
That's the problem. It's obvious that at least the AD for unknown reasons wants to change it. Based on what Collins said when he was hired, I don't think he really does.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
If anyone is interested, these NMD R1s are on flash sale today (about 25% off) till 10pm EST.

35898144144764d06e1830e3cd58c29a.jpg

They show up listed as “tan”, but this same color is also listed in other places as “savannah” or “sand”. And as most of you know, Adidas refers to the color they use for GT as “sand”. Just placed an order, will see how close (or not so close) they match our other Adidas gear when they arrive.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...oes-18adimnmdr1blkgrymns/18adimnmdr1blkgrymns

Ended up being not all too bad of a match for Adidas GT “gold”.

f10d696f7777ad16d3637ea67c3777f4.jpg