2020 Adidas Swag Thread

MidtownJacket

Staff member
You contributed to the program. That’s worth more. I’m more annoyed that they released the gear to the public afterwards.
Yeah I am cool with them making money however they can but was annoyed they said it was a limited run. There are so many cool team produced things they should just release a small run every so often.
Does anyone know if we are prevented from doing so by Adidas?

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW unstructured adjustable Coaches hat and Coaches visor available from Fanatics sites

1598883699609.png

1598883776418.png

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW unstructured adjustable Coaches hat and Coaches visor available from Fanatics sites

View attachment 8854
View attachment 8855
Actually--cheaper on Fanatics.com

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, though, U of I Bloomington has a huge student population and a tremendously large following (mainly basketball) and group of alumnists.

I don't like it either, but we need more numbers, bottom line.
I’ve been saying this for a while. And I hear it directly from the companies that make/distribute the gear, even though some people (some of which are here) don’t want to believe me/hear it. Same thing with the gold/navy colored apparel never-ending complaint. We have low numbers in terms of avid fan base, and the ones that actually are avid/participate are, shall we say...”thrifty”, to put it nicely. We have a reputation as a cheap, no-buying fan base for a reason.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been saying this for a while. And I hear it directly from the companies that make/distribute the gear, even though some people (some of which are here) don’t want to believe me/hear it. Same thing with the gold/navy colored apparel never-ending complaint. We have low numbers in terms of avid fan base, and the ones that actually are avid/participate are, shall we say...”thrifty”, to put it nicely. We have a reputation as a cheap, no-buying fan base for a reason.

Yes, engineers like me tend to be on the "thrifty" side. I will pay some extra for HIGH quality merchandise, especially if gold. So far, in the 3rd year with Adidas, I have seen nothing that "blows my doors off" with quality and definitely not enough gold stuff. For example, they should be able to make plenty of profit at $50 for a high quality polo and they should be able to make plenty of profit at $75 for a high quality quarter zip. I don't mind paying these prices (although it is nice to get a discount sometimes) if the merchandise is AWESOME. But, if our volume of actual "purchasers" is only 20 - 60% of state U, then it is understood why we "get what we get".