2020 ACC Football Season Update

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
In:
BC, Lville, FSU, NCST

Out:
UNC, UVA, VT, UCF, Gardner Webb.

Overall, we lose a Win in GW, and probably 1 win in the group of UNC, UVA, VT, and UCF.

Can we make-up 2 wins within BC, Lville, FSU and NCST? I think we have a chance at it. Overall not too bad for us.

Taking UCF and Gardner Webb out of the equation as we had assumed those would not be played, I think our ACC schedule is a little easier than it was. UNC and VT were often picked first and second in the coastal this year. I’d put them slightly ahead of FSU and Louisville. We beat NC State last year and BC is supposed to be toward the bottom of the ACC and slightly easier than UVA.

Our Home schedule is rough though.

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone who doesn’t think we can go 7-3 (7-4) here is crazy...

Call me crazy, but aside from Clemson, ND, and Miami, we can win every game with the exception of whatever outta conference game we play.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So how do we get stuck traveling to Miami, BC and Syracuse? Probably the 3 longest trips possible for us.

I believe the 4 NC and 2 VA schools are basically all playing each other. My guess is the ACC tried to facilitate as many short trips as possible for precautionary reasons and that basically led them to group those 6 together. As a result we have games against 5 teams that are pretty far away and 2 of them (Pitt and ND) have to come to us while we go to three. On one hand it seems biased in favor of those 6 schools, on the other hand it seems stupid to not utilize short trips in the current situation.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Ball is in SEC's court now for non-conference game. If I understand it correctly, the ACC is allowing a non-conference game as long as it is played within the state (including your home stadium), so GT could hypothetically add UCF back as long as it is at BDS.

Yeah, this certainly feels like the SEC made a decision to go conference only and the ACC is trying to pressure them into a +1. Not a bad play by Swofford.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is saving ND's a$$ this year.
Clemson fans will go crazy if they have to play ND for second place and are knocked out of national championship game with ND getting in or taking the orange bowl spot. Swofford shows his incompetence one more time.

GTFLETCH

Banned
So a question as a season ticket holder opting to go to games; We paid for 7 home games, but will only have 5 home games. With the OOC game in question, a max of 6 home games. Did the ticket office know about this scheduling situation?
I was told that if you selected to attend games this year, you will get a partial refund... first becuase the ND/GT at the Benz is not happening.... Second if we play UGA that will be an away game and will only have 5 home games...

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think our ceiling of 7 wins this year is accurate, but we’d have to have improved a whole bunch to get there.

With this schedule, Id love for us to win 5 games. That will show good improvement in our players and sell the new staff to recruits in the 2022 class. Go Jackets!