2020 ACC Football Season Update

Deleted member 2897

This will be the 3rd year in the last 4 that UCF doesn’t play a full schedule, LOL.

Not playing UNC, VT, and Virginia - weird.

Miami, Pitt, Virginia, and VT get to play Clemson. Enjoy seeing what our life is like every year.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Reports coming in that the SEC is close to an agreement on a 10 game conference only season which would not allow SEC teams to play their ACC rivals. If that happens, I wonder who our 11th game would be or would we even have one?
Maybe GA State University? Both are in ATL and I would love to see them play since I have been cheering for GT for 11 years but my alma mater is GA State University.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I do not like:

GT doesn't play VT.

ND doesn't play Miami.

ND and UNC have the easiest schedules to get to the ACC Championship and frankly I don't think ND should even be eligible. They didn't want to join the conference and now the ACC is bending over backwards to let ND play? Why? I'd say screw them and tell them to get bent.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
If UGA won’t play us in the ACC, maybe Georgia State or Southern? Not really a tune up game but at least not power 5?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
If UGA won’t play us in the ACC, maybe Georgia State or Southern? Not really a tune up game but at least not power 5?
I'm hoping for Georgia State because I went there and root for GT as well so no matter which team wins I'll be happy. I also would like to see them play a P5 team again like they did against Tennessee. And logically it makes sense for the two teams to play since they are a mile away from each other.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Reports coming in that the SEC is close to an agreement on a 10 game conference only season which would not allow SEC teams to play their ACC rivals. If that happens, I wonder who our 11th game would be or would we even have one?

Things may have changed but as of Saturday, the plan called for a +1 to preserve the rivalry games

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I like this a lot.
10 Conf games
Competing with ND for Conf title
Clemson, ND, FSU, Miami all in same year but will miss Va Tech

sec is leaning to no out of conf game but I bet it’s no out of conf game out of same state, ACC most have talked to SEC because of:
GT vs UGA
FSU vs u FL
Clemson vs USCe
Louisville vs Kentucky
Pitt vs Penn St

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So a question as a season ticket holder opting to go to games; We paid for 7 home games, but will only have 5 home games. With the OOC game in question, a max of 6 home games. Did the ticket office know about this scheduling situation?