1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

2019 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by MikeJacket1967, Dec 26, 2018.

1. MikeJacket1967

MikeJacket1967 Helluva Engineer

10 Predictions for the 2019 college football season by ESPN's Mark Schlabach

1)QB Lawrence of Clemson will win the 1st of 2 Heisman Trophies

2)The Alabama Dynasty isn't over

3)Ohio State's Ryan Day is the next Lincoln Riley

4)The Oklahoma Sooners aren't going anywhere either

5)The PAC-12 gets left out of the FCS Playoffs again

6)Urban Meyer becomes head coach of USC

7)Kliff Kingsbury will have another losing season...…………………………...in the NFL

8)Texas and Texas A&M will finally play each other

9)North Carolina's Mack Brown and Kansas' Les Miles wont be going to a Bowl Game

10)Army gets invited to a New Years 6 Bowl Game

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25715658/10-bold-calls-2019-college-football-season

iceeater1969 and HurricaneJacket like this.
  2. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

The next story down.....
    "Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Justin Fields plans to ask the NCAA for immediate eligibility and hopes to have an answer on his 2019 future in the next six weeks, according to the attorney helping him with the request."
    'Speculation about Fields' case for the waiver has centered around an incident last September when a member of the school's baseball team referred to Fields repeatedly with a racial slur during one of Georgia's home football games. The baseball player was dismissed from the team and the school made public statements addressing the issue.

Mars said the September incident is not the only issue Fields plans to raise in his waiver request.

"Nobody who's on social media would have a problem with Justin getting a waiver if they knew the whole story," Mars said Wednesday morning."

3. MikeJacket1967

Former Georgia Tech safeties coach Shiel Wood is joining the coaching staff of Georgia State head coach Shawn Elliott as linebackers coach. Shawn Elliott will probably be fired in December after another Georgia State losing season so Shiel Wood wont be at Georgia State too long.

4. MikeJacket1967

5. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Welp, there goes that ...

MikeJacket1967 likes this.
  6. Animal02

Rod Carey is expected to be the next head coach at Temple, sources told FootballScoop on Thursday. We are told the deal has not yet been signed, but Carey is the pick and Temple is expecting to get the deal done today.

MikeJacket1967 likes this.
  7. Em_Jae20

Em_Jae20 Helluva Engineer

:eek::eek::eek: wooooow... this college off season has been very interesting to say the least

8. JacketFromUGA

JacketFromUGA Helluva Engineer

no joke his first name is Tathan.

9. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

10. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

Pretty sure everyone is expecting a good old fashioned curb stomping from Clemson. Maybe his 2nd loss

11. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

Agree on latter but that's how everyone does it now that Nicky Saban went on his wn 35.

As to the former I guess they think Matty ice passing is better than running and it's painful to watch.

12. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

This year, him throwing is better than running. Their guards were eviscerated by injury.

13. Animal02

14. Animal02

iceeater1969 likes this.
  15. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

I am very surprised that ESPN has mentioned Georgia Tech hiring Marco Coleman as defensive line coach but they haven't mentioned the hiring of Brent Key at all. I thought they would say something since he was offensive line coach at Alabama.

16. IEEEWreck

IEEEWreck Helluva Engineer

17. Cam

Cam Helluva Engineer

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Stewart Mandel released his yearly Head Coaching Hires Grades for The Athletic this morning. For those without a subscription, I thought it'd be fine to include the grade and blurb he had for Coach Collins. Overall, he grades it as the third best hire of the offseason, with only Louisville's hire of Scatterfield and West Virginia's hire of Neal Brown as marginally better hires (both given an A).

GTRock, THWG, LargeFO and 1 other person like this.
  18. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

Random question. My wife and I are planning a trip this fall and it’s looking more like a cruise than Aruba. Looking like the week of the NCST game. My question is for those that have been on a cruise during football season. Will I be able to watch the game? Or at least stream it? It’s pretty much a lock to be on ESPN but I’ve never been on a cruise and I figure channel selection in the Caribbean could be hit and miss. We’re talking a Royal Caribbean cruise if that makes a difference?
    Thanks!

19. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

I would think you most likely could get it on ESPN+

20. Animal02

Most of the cruises charge for internet I think...though I have not been on one is 10 years. Noon game :cautious:...in a port you might find a sports bar ;)