2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is HUGE. Really deserves its own thread. Greatly increases our odds of making Omaha.

Also what a perfect approach by CDH. didn’t rush him back (a la Dabo playing deshaun with diagnosed torn acl) just to pick up another win and we still ended up with a 3 seed.
Great....if true. I'll believe it when I see it, ESPECIALLY as most pitchers need time and action to regain their sharpness......

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Coach Hall said he is “hoping Xzavion would be available.”

The key word here is “hoping.” It means it isn’t a sure thing he will pitch.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how they’re doing the student tickets. Did they just buyout the all-game-passes for a section to give to them? And if so are they just re-selling the games Tech isn’t playing in to the public? Also wonder what section they’re in.

IE_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Wonder how they’re doing the student tickets. Did they just buyout the all-game-passes for a section to give to them? And if so are they just re-selling the games Tech isn’t playing in to the public? Also wonder what section they’re in.

My ticket is also in section 12. They only gave me the ticket to friday's game #2 when I went to the ticket office. They told me that the ticket office is closed on the weekends but that students can pick up tickets for Tech's Saturday game 2-3 hours before first pitch at the ticket window at the baseball stadium.

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if there is a practice schedule for today and if so is it open. Would be interesting to see the visitors at work.

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
My ticket is also in section 12. They only gave me the ticket to friday's game #2 when I went to the ticket office. They told me that the ticket office is closed on the weekends but that students can pick up tickets for Tech's Saturday game 2-3 hours before first pitch at the ticket window at the baseball stadium.
Was told the same thing, see you there!

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Bought two regional tournament chair backs Sect 2,Row 12, seat 15 &16. Don't care to watch CC and Auburn Tomorrow at noon. Anyone want to buy the tickets. Face is $12. Make an offer. These tickets are electronic so I can forward to your email.
I will attend all the GT games.

BH

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
My "extensive analysis" concludes the formula tonight should be pretty straightforward.... THROW STRIKES!

FAMU is not good...statistically. Their team BA is .254 (#218, nationally). Their OBP is boosted a little by BB's & a pretty high national ranking in HBP's (top 20 nationally)... their "best" team stat.

On paper, this should be a 11-3 type win...& not in doubt by 6th inning. It really should be a great matchup to get a win & save key bullpen arms. Key word "should"... just have to execute.

Throw STRIKES.... no freebies! Don't think meat...just pitch!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’d almost rather have him out of the pen at this point. Get him an inning in a few games. Need him to start one of the potential SR games badly though. Don’t trust Roedig to start/go deep in a G3 do or die.
I generally agree. I will say this about Roedig. Watching him live v UNC in ACCCG, he is a battler. He has a legit fire & intensity. He wants it bad. His final out was a big strikeout.... he went to rosin bag & slammed it onto back of mound. Then looked up to see CDH coming out to replace him. He was visibly pissed. He wanted to stay in. I happen to agree with Hall's decision to remove him. But big picture... Roedig will be special. Still a freshman & I'm with you... would be nice if those big games went to more experienced guys.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I generally agree. I will say this about Roedig. Watching him live v UNC in ACCCG, he is a battler. He has a legit fire & intensity. He wants it bad. His final out was a big strikeout.... he went to rosin bag & slammed it onto back of mound. Then looked up to see CDH coming out to replace him. He was visibly pissed. He wanted to stay in. I happen to agree with Hall's decision to remove him. But big picture... Roedig will be special. Still a freshman & I'm with you... would be nice if those big games went to more experienced guys.

I 100% agree with removing Roedig in that situation and that he will be special. If you aren't getting it done as a pitcher (or 3rd base) you should be removed. Come back another day. Hall needs to remember the quick hook since it is usually the best decision.

Not that it matters anymore, but the rpi change for our game shows our overwhelming expectation of a win. Lose 6 for a win and 55 for a loss.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My "extensive analysis" concludes the formula tonight should be pretty straightforward.... THROW STRIKES!

FAMU is not good...statistically. Their team BA is .254 (#218, nationally). Their OBP is boosted a little by BB's & a pretty high national ranking in HBP's (top 20 nationally)... their "best" team stat.

On paper, this should be a 11-3 type win...& not in doubt by 6th inning. It really should be a great matchup to get a win & save key bullpen arms. Key word "should"... just have to execute.

Throw STRIKES.... no freebies! Don't think meat...just pitch!!
And watch out for rattlers throwing themselves in front of pitches.
:)

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
Went to the 1st 3 innings of AU and CCU and had to go back to work. Neither impressed me. Wish AU had to go to the pen early though. I will say there was a whole lot of orange in the stands.