2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That is probably what CDH will go with, but I would consider throwing Gibson/Hughes, similar to what we did in the ACC tourney on Friday. I think our bats will pound FAMU pitching and we may be able to save X & Willingham for Sunday and have Roedig in the wings.
Agreed.
You make way too much sense. D hall will likely NOT change what he has been doing and we'll see Willingham on Friday, even though I completely agree your suggestion makes WAY more sense.
Agreed

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Looks like there’s only 5 or 10% of the seat backs left for purchase. Hopefully that’s mostly Tech fans. A little worried about Auburn fans having more of presence than a non-host should.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That is probably what CDH will go with, but I would consider throwing Gibson/Hughes, similar to what we did in the ACC tourney on Friday. I think our bats will pound FAMU pitching and we may be able to save X & Willingham for Sunday and have Roedig in the wings.

On another note, what happened to Will Shirah? I know he took a medical RS last year .... was it for TJ? Is he still slowly working his way back? He only pitched 5 innings this year. At one time I thought we were really high on him?
I'm still high on Shirah. He didn't have TJ (or at least there are no reports about it), but he has been very wild this year which is understandable. It usually takes two years to fully gain control after an injury.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Haven’t listened to this yet, but thought I’d share it here.

Yes. Thanks for posting.

The Xay thing is very tough to get a read on. Now that we know we're a #3 seed (higher than I expected) & Louisville is a top8 after going 0-2 in the ACCT, perhaps (we'll never know) CDH was way more comfortable than the rest of us that ACCT was maybe gravy for a top8. In which case... he was ultra-conservative with Xay thinking the risk would not bring much reward wrt to getting a top8.

On the other hand... it could be an injury that just is lingering and he's had some setbacks in his throwing.

Us little people will just have be patient & see. I certainly like the Amos/CT 1-2 combo given the weekend opponents. Sets up nicely for Tech (on paper). Gotta execute!

OnTheLam

Georgia Tech Fan
Much to my chagrin, I cannot make the Saturday session of games.
This will include the winners from Friday. Most likely GT vs Auburn.

These are chairback seats in Section 6, row 9 (actually row 4 of section, rows start at 6), seats 1-2. $25 per ticket.

Once I receive payment via PayPal, I will email images of the tickets once I have picked them up at Will Call on Friday.

Please email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
D1 Baseball Aaron Fit say:
Omaha Sleeper: Coastal Carolina. When the Chanticleers get their bats rolling — like they did last week, scoring 72 runs in six straight wins to run through the Sun Belt losers’ bracket — they’re terrifying. They landed in the perfect spot for regionals, a homer-friendly hard at Georgia Tech, and a regional that lacks shutdown pitching, unless Tanner Burns can return from his shoulder soreness and turn in a gem for Auburn in the opener.

Eight For Omaha: UCLA, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Georgia, Vanderbilt, East Carolina, Mississippi State, Coastal Carolina.

As I posted before, you can't sleep on CC!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/platform/amp/2019/5/29/18643972/atlanta-regional-primer

Another regional preview. Saying a lot of the same things. CC great hitting, meh pitching. Auburn bad hitting, decent pitching. FAMU not good but hot. Tech great hitting, decent but beatable pitching.

“Kyle Coleman leads the team in innings pitched with 94 and carries a 3.26 ERA into the post season and will more than likely see Georgia Tech Friday night on the Flatts. Game Two for FAMU would then go to Josh Hancock who has a 4.47 ERA on the year. On the back end for A&M is Jeremiah McCullum who was named First Team All MEAC for his 25 innings of work this season with 11 saves on the year and a 6-2 record with a 3.13 ERA. In the field is where the Rattlers have some issues, as they will carry a .955 Fielding Percentage into the regional.”

Decent ERA for that starter expected to go against us. Obviously against worse competition, but similar to CTs. Looks like a decent closer too.

Gotta keep doing what got us here. Productive at bats working pitch counts up. Getting into bullpens is essential in regionals. Long at bats can pay big dividends down the road regardless of the result of the at bat.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow

Not sure if that’s breaking news or Ken interpreting CDHs comments about possibly having X available this weekend.

This is HUGE. Really deserves its own thread. Greatly increases our odds of making Omaha.

Also what a perfect approach by CDH. didn’t rush him back (a la Dabo playing deshaun with diagnosed torn acl) just to pick up another win and we still ended up with a 3 seed.