2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Right, navy is new. Then when we do gold this year they will like those. I'm just saying jerseys are for the guys wearing them. Whatever makes them happy and convinces superstar kids to come here I don't care of we wear pea green. Just no red.
Watching the basketball team wear blue unis AT DUKE of all places has made me despise the use of blue even more. Our brand is gold and white, not blue and anything.

Milwaukee

Banned
Watching the basketball team wear blue unis AT DUKE of all places has made me despise the use of blue even more. Our brand is gold and white, not blue and anything.

I hope you're sitting down, but Collins mentioned on the Jim Rome Show that yellow and black were Georgia Tech's colors. Not gold, not navy, not white. Yellow and black. He was referencing the colors of Waffle House, for perspective.

Right, navy is new. Then when we do gold this year they will like those. I'm just saying jerseys are for the guys wearing them. Whatever makes them happy and convinces superstar kids to come here I don't care of we wear pea green. Just no red.
If a kid signs with ANY school because of the color of the uniforms, then his priorities are all messed up.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
That SUCKS
Relax on that. It looks like dark jerseys were requested and that's what we provided since that was the dark jersey that adidas made this year. Not getting into what you like or don't, but Tech won the National Championship wearing that Gold/Blue/White combo, so it's fine for us to send that combo given what we were likely asked for.

Relax on that. It looks like dark jerseys were requested and that's what we provided since that was the dark jersey that adidas made this year. Not getting into what you like or don't, but Tech won the National Championship wearing that Gold/Blue/White combo, so it's fine for us to send that combo given what we were likely asked for.
Because of the 1990 NC game and the 2014 OB game, I guess I can deal with the blue jerseys, although I'm definitely not wild about them. I actually think the OB unis looked better than the NC ones, because the pants were gold. But solid blue ones, like the ones from Detroit, totally suck in my book.

David Bullard

Georgia Tech Fan
The blue uniforms we wore during the bowl game were chosen by the seniors. It’s what the kids wanted. They may not have been my favorite, but I wasn’t the one wearing them. I say let the kids wear what they like. Who gives a flying fruit loop about what a bunch of old farts want. If blue uniforms makes our kids happy and they play harder, then so be it.

And for those who think that a 16,17,18 year old kid doesn’t consider uniforms as a part of the decision making, you’re kidding yourself.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't bet on it. I don't personally know a single Tech fan who likes the use of blue
Respect to your position but that's your circle. I don't personally know any fans or fellow alums that have a problem with it.

I guarantee those navy jerseys are one of those you'll see the team wear this year. There are other pics if you need me to cement it for you lol.

The blue uniforms we wore during the bowl game were chosen by the seniors. It’s what the kids wanted. They may not have been my favorite, but I wasn’t the one wearing them. I say let the kids wear what they like. Who gives a flying fruit loop about what a bunch of old farts want. If blue uniforms makes our kids happy and they play harder, then so be it.

And for those who think that a 16,17,18 year old kid doesn’t consider uniforms as a part of the decision making, you’re kidding yourself.
I doubt very seriously that they do, and, if they do, they have their priorities wrong.

Don't kid yourself. It's not just "old farts" who don't like blue.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I hope you're sitting down, but Collins mentioned on the Jim Rome Show that yellow and black were Georgia Tech's colors. Not gold, not navy, not white. Yellow and black. He was referencing the colors of Waffle House, for perspective.

He was just having fun with the WH theme more than anything. He mentioned that their colors, "yellow and black", are the same as ours and it's part of what draws him to it.

Ahh. So he did not exactly say, "Georgia Tech's colors are yellow and black." Whew.