2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Interestingly, I received word yesterday that prior to its contract with Under Armor, Auburn was supplied by Russell. While it negotiated with Nike and adidas, only UA committed to manufacture product in Auburn Orange.

Apparently, both adidas and Nike had tried to convince Auburn to change its school colors. Auburn told them to take a hike.

Milwaukee

Banned
Interestingly, I received word yesterday that prior to its contract with Under Armor, Auburn was supplied by Russell. While it negotiated with Nike and adidas, only UA committed to manufacture product in Auburn Orange.

Apparently, both adidas and Nike had tried to convince Auburn to change its school colors. Auburn told them to take a hike.

Story sounds legit.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2019-11-14_12-45-55.png

Can we just keep this all season. I get that the grounds crew is award winning an all but there's something to be said about consistency. Solidify the brand instead with consistency of changing it each week. The only thing that would make this better would be to add a gold boarder around the end zones up to the 25 yd line instead of white. The reason the GT doesn't pop is because it's Tech gold on a green base. I'm glad that their using Tech gold and not the yellow they used for years but I think if they put down a white base under the gold that it would pop better. And maybe have the outline of the GT be white instead of navy. Other than that, leave it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 7211

Can we just keep this all season. I get that the grounds crew is award winning an all but there's something to be said about consistency. Solidify the brand instead with consistency of changing it each week. The only thing that would make this better would be to add a gold boarder around the end zones up to the 25 yd line instead of white. The reason the GT doesn't pop is because it's Tech gold on a green base. I'm glad that their using Tech gold and not the yellow they used for years but I think if they put down a white base under the gold that it would pop better. And maybe have the outline of the GT be white instead of navy. Other than that, leave it.

Love it. But one end needs to say Jackets. The other Georgia Tech.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 7211

Crazy how just us fans know what to do and what would actually be a unique look but the ones in the GTAA just seem to go the opposite way. Weird

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
This a rant I had on another forum about the stadium PA system and the need to renovated BDS. Just to be clear I said RENOVATE NOT expand and add more seating. Let me know what y'all think.

"I'm glad more people are seeing and hearing the problems I stated after the first home game. This is really embarrassing for an institute of technology. When the UGA fans come end of November they are going to brag about how much better their team, a/v system, production, you name it is. AND THEIR RIGHT! It sucks to say but they got their crap together and its not that hard to do. Typical Tech likes to over think things and then screws it up. Its like adding bondo to crappy car to make it seem better. Some times you've got to strip it down and start over. Keep the things that work and everybody loves and make everything else around them better. TStan keeps saying we are going to be innovated like the rest of our institution but we are getting our buts kicked by the school to the east.
I think there needs to be major renovations to BDS and hopefully they will come with the new edge building. We need a need new PA system (preferably from Danley). New video board with no permanent sponsorship logos on the side. (You don't see that on any other major college football stadium scoreboards anymore).
And is it me or does the overall stadium branding seem old and out dated.
-The end-zone blue honeycomb padding cover with the sponsorship logos on it
-The light up "Georgia Tech" on the Wardlaw Center with "e" that's been busted for years from a field goal
-The banner on the east stands with the hof players names on it
-The faded Clint Castleberry retired #19.
To me it all looks outdated and cheap. You go to other stadiums and that have 3D light up signs and names in a clean professional look. Most of Tech's branding looks like its held on with zip ties. WHICH IT IS!! No more cute honeycomb patterns, contrasting colored sponsorship logos. We need a clean look with consistency and continuity throughout the entire athletic program and branding. If Tech says they are updating the branding then they need to do exactly that and start updating everything and do it well because other programs are blowing Tech out of the water in this department. They did a great job with McCamish so I know they can do it."

This a rant I had on another forum about the stadium PA system and the need to renovated BDS. Just to be clear I said RENOVATE NOT expand and add more seating. Let me know what y'all think.

"I'm glad more people are seeing and hearing the problems I stated after the first home game. This is really embarrassing for an institute of technology. When the UGA fans come end of November they are going to brag about how much better their team, a/v system, production, you name it is. AND THEIR RIGHT! It sucks to say but they got their crap together and its not that hard to do. Typical Tech likes to over think things and then screws it up. Its like adding bondo to crappy car to make it seem better. Some times you've got to strip it down and start over. Keep the things that work and everybody loves and make everything else around them better. TStan keeps saying we are going to be innovated like the rest of our institution but we are getting our buts kicked by the school to the east.
I think there needs to be major renovations to BDS and hopefully they will come with the new edge building. We need a need new PA system (preferably from Danley). New video board with no permanent sponsorship logos on the side. (You don't see that on any other major college football stadium scoreboards anymore).
And is it me or does the overall stadium branding seem old and out dated.
-The end-zone blue honeycomb padding cover with the sponsorship logos on it
-The light up "Georgia Tech" on the Wardlaw Center with "e" that's been busted for years from a field goal
-The banner on the east stands with the hof players names on it
-The faded Clint Castleberry retired #19.
To me it all looks outdated and cheap. You go to other stadiums and that have 3D light up signs and names in a clean professional look. Most of Tech's branding looks like its held on with zip ties. WHICH IT IS!! No more cute honeycomb patterns, contrasting colored sponsorship logos. We need a clean look with consistency and continuity throughout the entire athletic program and branding. If Tech says they are updating the branding then they need to do exactly that and start updating everything and do it well because other programs are blowing Tech out of the water in this department. They did a great job with McCamish so I know they can do it."
You ought to send all of that to TStan. Maybe somebody in his office will read it and take it to heart.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s because no one in the AA went to Tech.
I love Tech, but I know a lot of Tech grads that over think things. They're incredibly smart but lack common since and sometimes the they will complicate the most simple things. Let me say that this isn't every Tech grad, but some. I actually went to SPSU. My freshman year I would go down to Tech on Saturdays and meet with my friends to hangout before the games. One time my friend's dorm was having a cook out before the game and you should have seen these 5 guys trying to start a charcoal grill. They made it seem like rocket science, talking about the chemistry of the charcoal and what not. I had to step in there and start it for them. Ever since then I noticed that Tech operates a lot like that story. They over thing the simplest things. Most things aren't rocket science and take common simple since to solve.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I love Tech, but I know a lot of Tech grads that over think things. They're incredibly smart but lack common since and sometimes the they will complicate the most simple things. Let me say that this isn't every Tech grad, but some. I actually went to SPSU. My freshman year I would go down to Tech on Saturdays and meet with my friends to hangout before the games. One time my friend's dorm was having a cook out before the game and you should have seen these 5 guys trying to start a charcoal grill. They made it seem like rocket science, talking about the chemistry of the charcoal and what not. I had to step in there and start it for them. Ever since then I noticed that Tech operates a lot like that story. They over thing the simplest things. Most things aren't rocket science and take common simple since to solve.

I think you’re overthinking it.