2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
https://comm.gatech.edu/brand/colors

View attachment 6776
View attachment 6778
View attachment 6779

Can someone please tackle whoever is doing our branding? I am unsure if we missed a turn somewhere or what is going on but color scheme seems to have derailed again. I know I am splitting frog hairs here. The spring game uniforms were on point. But the citadel game uniforms (helmets were awesome jerseys not) and now these brass looking face masks..... Can someone please do something? I thought it was gonna be "Tech Gold" across the board?
Yeah our branding is just really confusing. We need to pick something and stay with it. Personally the spring game unis with white pants would be a good place to start. But please just pick something!

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
UCLA got the gold face mask right. Why can't GT?

f9fcc3_ucla-washington-st-football-78167-ucla-quarterback-dorian-thompson-robinson-640x427.jpg

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
And yet CGC is wearing blue. WOW.

I know how much you guys hate hearing me say this, and I am not trying to hijack the thread, but damn, it was so nice to go to a stadium where the fans actually wear their primary school color to the games, without worrying about whether it "looks good on me" or not, or other such nonsense. One Clemson lady in the group I tailgated with said she hated orange, but she ALWAYS wears it to the games. And I bet at least 95% of the Clemson fans there last night were in orange. Sure would be nice if Tech fans had that mindset.

Check out Wisconsin sometime and how their different sections alternate white and red. A great optic. Wisconsin does a lot of things right.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Lighting plays a major factor in these colors. Look at those pics. It’s the same helmet but in different lighting one looks gold and one looks almost cooper. It’s obvious that Tech gold takes differently to fabric and lighting.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Regardless these are awesome and an improvement! Our classic gold helmets are some of the best in all of college football, but I never liked the dark face mask. I always thought we should have white face masks but this works well.

Collins is going to strain the limits of my ability to expand my mini helmet collection.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That's an incredible look. I've hoped for it for awhile. I'll be honest... I think a ND-style metallic gold helmet would look amazing with white jersey/gold pant combo.

The ND helmet looks gaudy and awful to me. Different strokes for different folks. I wonder if their fan base is divided over them.