2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Then the post probably isn’t meant for you, honestly. But being someone that does retail apparel, one of the biggest things to a consumer is that the color of an apparel piece “look good” and/or match/be the actual color the consumer is wanting. But when the “gold” doesn’t even look gold, and doesn’t even match other pieces of the supposedly same gold made by the same manufacturer, it ends up looking kinda low rent when you’re spending a lot of money for this stuff. Just look through the stands/crowd when at a game for the few people that actually are attempting to wear “gold”. There are seemingly endless shades of it...from a light piss yellow, to khaki, to light green/straw, to cheddar yellow, to the older metallic gold and even mustard yellow. The team didn’t even wear gold helmets when we wore “gold” jerseys this year because the two aren’t even close to the same gold, and would have looked amateur that close to each other.

When it actually isn’t “gold”, it isn’t going to be wanted/sell like hot cakes. If UGA red apparel came out pink, orange, burgundy, and every shade in between, and didn’t match the red on the team’s helmets, then it wouldn’t sell like it does, either.
Idk I’m just saying it doesn’t have to match perfectly in my opinion but I understand what you’re saying

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Idk I’m just saying it doesn’t have to match perfectly in my opinion but I understand what you’re saying

I’m kinda the same way. Heck, I posted the photo of the mismatched golds I own! Lol. I’m so starved for true gold apparel that I knowing buy the sand/straw stuff! But if I had my choice, it would be a truer gold. Which, again, I know is a bit of a pain in the butt on the textile/material side to really make look “gold”. Gold is metallic, otherwise it’s khaki/light brown/yellow. That’s why the helmets will more than likely never truly match a jersey...the paint on the helmets is metallic, and that does totally different things with light reflection than a flat cloth/textile will. But I still think it could be done better. There is metallic thread out there, just look at some of the old Russell jerseys, even the GT in the Adidas hat I showed above.

Oh I know. That’s why I made sure “current” was in there.

Here’s a photo of 3 of our current options that I have. Granted, the gold is our basketball jersey (since we can’t freaking sell a gold FB jersey for some reason...), but it’s the Adidas sand color. I still am steadfast in my opinion that I like the dark gray as a secondary/dark color more than I like the navy. And I’m not even all that against the navy. But the gray adds something pretty unique.

004b651fb9543143ecde862b9da1d1b3.jpg
I actually like and prefer the gray too.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I bought a great looking fitted white cap at the Tech bookstore last year. Granted, and no surprise here, it wasn't Adidas, it was Under Armour, but it's a great looking cap.

Under Armour hats are way better quality than Adidas in my opinion, but I am kinda stuck with Adidas for Tech caps. I have a monstrously large head, and only Adidas’ XXL flex-fit caps will fit my head. At least I. GT stuff. Under Armour does offer an XXL in their fitted caps, but unfortunately they don’t do any XXL in GT flavored versions.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
"Blue" should never be a consideration for us. There are so many variations of blue and most of them look cheap with Gold. Our third color for contrast should be NAVY.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
It shouldn’t be that tough. This is the classic Georgia Tech uniform that has been missing for 20+ years. nice, deep, dark old gold that pretty much matches the helmet. Sad.

View attachment 7233

Instead, we get this crap.....just embarrassing.

View attachment 7235

View attachment 7236

View attachment 7237

View attachment 7238

View attachment 7239

This one:

929195f6e4b03caba7b1c1652c562f87.jpg

I actually didn’t mind. The jersey is metallic, so it at least looks gold to me. Maybe a touch lighter shade than I’d like, but it’s still what I’d call gold. Not khaki, straw or sand.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
If he were truly a Jacket 4 life, he would know that we are the WHITE AND GOLD, not the blue and gold.

We talk about marketing our program. Color consistency is a big deal. See UGA and red. I was sick of that red in the stadium today and sitting next to me. They wore red.
We wore gold, blue, white, and grey. If we were in gold the stadium looks differently.
It’s time to embrace gold and white.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We talk about marketing our program. Color consistency is a big deal. See UGA and red. I was sick of that red in the stadium today and sitting next to me. They wore red.
We wore gold, blue, white, and grey. If we were in gold the stadium looks differently.
It’s time to embrace gold and white.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Too may Tech fans REFUSE to wear gold, because "I just don't look good in gold." SHEESH

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This for me too. Gameday I’m pretty much exclusively gold and white, but daily wear i also have other colors I wear. Gray, navy, etc. As long as our GT or Buzz is in the correct colors, I’m good on the daily wear stuff. I have even put the GT on my work “uniform” caps.

jrgray

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not a fan of the mix-and-match uniforms. It's not something the top teams (see Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, etc.) do. But I understand it is something the players like and it gets attention. I do hope we stick with one uniform style for a few seasons, unlike Russell where it was a different style every year -- our fans aren't going to buy a new $100 jersey every year.

I'd like to see the blue-gray as our third color instead of navy. Nothing against the navy, but it makes us look like old Pitt, another school that had a classic uniform and trashed it and has just now gotten back to basics.