2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, but all have been used at one time or another through the years.
Not the newest 2 iterations. They have always had that dull gold, just in different shades like us until about 2010-2011 when they got that first hammered-metallic style. Then they got duller again, and now they are more chrome-gold. Those are not styles that they have used through the years.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I mean look at this. You wouldn’t even know gold is our main color by the apparel we promote. Just weird

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I mean look at this. You wouldn’t even know gold is our main color by the apparel we promote. Just weird

Honestly I feel like this isn’t totally abnormal for teams to wear a secondary color as warm up or travel gear. Not saying all teams do, but a good many will wear black, gray, navy, etc. even if it isn’t their “primary” color, they usually use the darkest color in their palette.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I feel like this isn’t totally abnormal for teams to wear a secondary color as warm up or travel gear. Not saying all teams do, but a good many will wear black, gray, navy, etc. even if it isn’t their “primary” color, they usually use the darkest color in their palette.
Do Tennessee, Clemson, LSU, and Louisville not know what their PRIMARY colors are? There are countless others that choose black, gray, navy over gold, orange, red, green, etc.

https://twitter.com/texasmbb/status/1186813829071683584?s=21

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

And the really sad thing is, it's not Adidas' fault. It is Tech's fault. I am so ****ing mad about this lack of gold for fan purchase I will not buy 1 more item from fanatics or the bookstore until they put gold jerseys, hats, shoes, etc. out for real Georgia Tech fan's consumption. This **** has gone waaaayy to far! Come on T-Stan let's rectify this serious point

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty gross. The first time I saw blue letters on Grant Field was 2 years ago and it was pretty disgusting. I've never seen our end zones filled with white or gold even. Sad!
White fill with gold lettering and blue outlines would be pretty awesome for a night whiteout game. Other than that, white is pretty boring. I just don’t think gold fill would work across the huge area it would need to cover in the end zones, see McCamish last year for an example of that. This weekend’s game is the Military Appreciation game, and the blue end zones go along with patriotic vibes. They’ve done that for a few years now.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
White fill with gold lettering and blue outlines would be pretty awesome for a night whiteout game. Other than that, white is pretty boring. I just don’t think gold fill would work across the huge area it would need to cover in the end zones, see McCamish last year for an example of that. This weekend’s game is the Military Appreciation game, and the blue end zones go along with patriotic vibes. They’ve done that for a few years now.
Could easily do white and then gold lettering. Ya know since those are supposedly our colors

Could easily do white and then gold lettering. Ya know since those are supposedly our colors
If somebody doesn't think a white endzone would pop, they are blind. But, gold letters on a white background would definitely need some kind of trim on them to make it really look good. I think the trim should be black, but I would begrudgingly accept blue.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
2742DB80-F8AB-4720-8A4B-533231A9F076.jpeg
A46BAD58-1873-489E-9050-41F78187683E.jpeg

Like I said. I think the white end zone with gold lettering for the white out game would be awesome. But I personally wouldn’t like it over the entire season. As you can see here FSU used gold on white and it looks fine, but I believe no fill looks better and pops more with gold and white lettering. Again, my personal opinion. I’m not attacking the white and gold purists here.

View attachment 7204 View attachment 7205
Like I said. I think the white end zone with gold lettering for the white out game would be awesome. But I personally wouldn’t like it over the entire season. As you can see here FSU used gold on white and it looks fine, but I believe no fill looks better and pops more with gold and white lettering. Again, my personal opinion. I’m not attacking the white and gold purists here.
Both of those photos show a brighter white than that faded white they paint the Tech end zone.

I know what you mean about our white. Seems like any time we do any kind of white paint fill, it looks like it’s been there for months/faded out. Or...we are too damn cheap to buy enough paint to do it properly!
Actually, it's the same with the gold. The gold GT in the middle of the field could and should be LOTS BRIGHTER. I think they lay down one coating of whatever color it is, when they should do two, maybe three coats of it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That's pretty gross. The first time I saw blue letters on Grant Field was 2 years ago and it was pretty disgusting. I've never seen our end zones filled with white or gold even. Sad!

Not sure your age, and my memory might be failing, but seems as if the fake turf endzones during the Ross era were entirely Gold background.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure your age, and my memory might be failing, but seems as if the fake turf endzones during the Ross era were entirely Gold background.

You're correct on both points. It was before my time - first game in 1997 - and we did have gold endzones when Grant Field had turf. I don't particularly care for solid fill end zones, but if we do it let's use our school colors please.
Timeline_1992.jpg

You're correct on both points. It was before my time - first game in 1997 - and we did have gold endzones when Grant Field had turf. I don't particularly care for solid fill end zones, but if we do it let's use our school colors please.View attachment 7209
That looks AWESOME, and there's no reason that can't be done on natural turf just as well.