2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on this explanation, it would appear that the GTAA is just as responsible for all of the blue as Adidas.

That is just my experience with co-branding, as an unrelated business using the schools' logos for my own business. The apparel companies may very well have a different licensing agreement, where they are issued a blanket license and can use how they wish, I'm not sure. It does seem unlikely that that would be the case though.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on this explanation, it would appear that the GTAA is just as responsible for all of the blue as Adidas.

Of course they are. They are also responsible for all the ESPN graphics being the wrong colors. That's why TStan deflecting to retailers confuses me so much. We absolutely have control of this, and GTAA has made conscious decisions to emphasize blue over gold, contradicting all the branding work that was done in 2018.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Of course they are. They are also responsible for all the ESPN graphics being the wrong colors. That's why TStan deflecting to retailers confuses me so much. We absolutely have control of this, and GTAA has made conscious decisions to emphasize blue over gold, contradicting all the branding work that was done in 2018.
Tstan is the one that needs to get on board

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow

I remember the initial rebranding video having a newspaper clipping stating that blue was one of the three original colors from 100ish years ago.

Where is the contradiction?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember the initial rebranding video having a newspaper clipping stating that blue was one of the three original colors from 100ish years ago.

Where is the contradiction?

Navy is an official secondary color. White and gold are official primary colors. Emphasizing your secondary over what should be your primaries is the contradiction and completely muddles the branding. This was established in the 2018 roll out when Adidas came on board. Additionally, our logo can only be white or gold. No more blue logos (except on our gold uni pants apparently lol).

brand-colors.png

Alright so other than not having Comcast carrying the ACCN, will do You Tube TV if needed, I am ready for the season. Already hung my GT Flag out. Ordered the new jersey from the bookstore, it is not up on the web site but they let me order on the phone. Decided on a camo GT hat with the new Gold GT. I am a hunter so that works. I ordered that Grey jersey. And I have my plane tickets for the Pitt Game. Of course I will be there for UGA. Season Tickets sent to my tailgate crew and the parking pass. I am ready and I think we win 9 games this year so there.