2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well. Red and black? Lets not get carried away now! lol.

It can be difficult being an Atlanta United fan. By necessity, I am required to buy only their non-primary color gear. All my stuff is black and gold or grey. Word is that their secondary jersey next year will be white and gold. Some of the fans on this board should be very very happy.
I will be very happy if Utd has a white and gold alternate!! As much as I like the team I have avoided most merchandise cause its red/black.

I am genuinely curious about this comment. My understanding was that your objection to navy blue has virtually everything to do with history and tradition. "Tech's colors are white and gold, so we should only wear white and gold." But, now, you are saying you are more okay with grey than navy blue, even though navy blue is an official third color and has a very very long history with Tech.

In the end, is your objection to navy blue largely based on the fact that you just don't like the way it looks?
No, my objection to navy blue is because Auburn, UVA, Pitt, Ga Southern, KY, and UNC and Duke (though different shades) all have blue as a primary color. Tech is virtually unique with White and Gold, not to mention that white and gold appear prominently in both our fight songs. I think gray is probably unique too, so I am cool with that, at but only once a year

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
No, my objection to navy blue is because Auburn, UVA, Pitt, Ga Southern, KY, and UNC and Duke (though different shades) all have blue as a primary color. Tech is virtually unique with White and Gold, not to mention that white and gold appear prominently in both our fight songs. I think gray is probably unique too, so I am cool with that, at but only once a year

Ok. That really is an interesting target you have set up. At any rate, I found this analysis of most common color combinations in college athletics to be pretty interesting. Gold is the second most common color but, specifically, gold & white is pretty unique.

djixhelorgbvrpqv3scn.png

https://deadspin.com/the-most-popular-color-combinations-in-college-football-1639607422

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The video is within the tweet. If you look at the 51 second mark, the uniform looks blue (at least to me), although everything in the video up until that point definitely looked gray.

I feel like the closest color to describe this is slate blue or like a slightly darker slate blue. It’s like a faded navy so it had a lot of grey elements in it.

Ok. That really is an interesting target you have set up. At any rate, I found this analysis of most common color combinations in college athletics to be pretty interesting. Gold is the second most common color but, specifically, gold & white is pretty unique.

djixhelorgbvrpqv3scn.png

https://deadspin.com/the-most-popular-color-combinations-in-college-football-1639607422
Yes, Tech is the only FBS school whose primary colors are white and gold. Granted LSU often wears white and yellow uniforms, but purple and gold are their primary colors. I find it ironic that so many posters object to using black because that's one of Georgia's primary colors, but they don't object to using Navy, which is a primary color of two of our primary opponents.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Tech is the only FBS school whose primary colors are white and gold. Granted LSU often wears white and yellow uniforms, but purple and gold are their primary colors. I find it ironic that so many posters object to using black because that's one of Georgia's primary colors, but they don't object to using Navy, which is a primary color of two of our primary opponents.

My hate for UGA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My hate for any other rival
(Well, except for Duke in basketball. They are not a rival, but I do go out of my way to root against Duke and Coach K even when they aren't playing Tech.)

My hate for UGA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My hate for any other rival
(Well, except for Duke in basketball. They are not a rival, but I do go out of my way to root against Duke and Coach K even when they aren't playing Tech.)
So, even though it was a different shade of blue, you were ok with Tech wearing white and blue (pants) against Duke last year? I sure as hell was not.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

You actually equate the rivalry with those others to ugag?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This most recent toddcast from today had results from the survey he sent out about branding. Apparently there were over 11,000 responses and the most desired colors for fan gear were gold, navy then white. In that order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It went out to every email address GT Athletics had on their list so I am surprised you all didn’t get it.

It was this one:
IMG_5573.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk