2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The only one of those that even closely resemble ours is Pitt, and their blue is much lighter. Every one I listed above is black and gold and with exception of Iowa and Mizzou, they all use "gold" and not "yellow." Too many with that look.

Does it matter that much? Clemson got its colors from Auburn when Heisman changed employers. Consistency is important and I think that's the biggest problem ... we continue to be all over the map instead of sticking to something.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Does it matter that much? Clemson got its colors from Auburn when Heisman changed employers. Consistency is important and I think that's the biggest problem ... we continue to be all over the map instead of sticking to something.
And this is exactly why we already have 4 pages on uniforms on what is supposed to be a thread on adidas SWAG :)

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Or the NO Saints.
What our jerseys should look like.. just with gold pants

49164190-F0A3-4B6F-9CCB-D55BB5A07F3D.jpeg

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our primary colors are, and always have been, white and gold. Our secondary color SHOULD be black, not navy blue. I have always had that opinion. When I was in school in the 60s, the trim on the uniforms was black, not blue. As far as I know, that had been the case at least since the 40s and lasted until some jerk decided in the 80s that it should be blue instead.

You are consistent. That I’ll give ya and commend you for.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our primary colors are, and always have been, white and gold. Our secondary color SHOULD be black, not navy blue. I have always had that opinion. When I was in school in the 60s, the trim on the uniforms was black, not blue. As far as I know, that had been the case at least since the 40s and lasted until some jerk decided in the 80s that it should be blue instead.

I went to GT from 82-85. Whn I left, I thought our secondary color was BLACK.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
FYI

What always (or at least should have) made GT unique was the "Old Gold", not the secondary color. To me, the "gold" we chose for "Tech Gold" is not much different, at least as you see it on the field, than WF or UCF or Vandy, etc.

I know, I know - we can't go down this rabbit hole again. ;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
FYI

What always (or at least should have) made GT unique was the "Old Gold", not the secondary color. To me, the "gold" we chose for "Tech Gold" is not much different, at least as you see it on the field, than WF or UCF or Vandy, etc.

I know, I know - we can't go down this rabbit hole again. ;)
Is the gold used in the graphics on this board the "old gold" you refer to?