2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Those would be awesome as an alternate for one game

com.gif

Who are you and what did you do with Sand1!?

What the ..?

Now even you're all-in on a non gold/white color scheme? Have you been hacked?
Our primary colors are, and always have been, white and gold. Our secondary color SHOULD be black, not navy blue. I have always had that opinion. When I was in school in the 60s, the trim on the uniforms was black, not blue. As far as I know, that had been the case at least since the 40s and lasted until some jerk decided in the 80s that it should be blue instead.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Our primary colors are, and always have been, white and gold. Our secondary color SHOULD be black, not navy blue. I have always had that opinion. When I was in school in the 60s, the trim on the uniforms was black, not blue. As far as I know, that had been the case at least since the 40s and lasted until some jerk decided in the 80s that it should be blue instead.

Well I became a fan in the late '80's so my earliest memories were of us winnin' a natty wearing navy blue so ... there's that.

I'd roll with it if it happened, but black is too Wake Forest-y/ Purdue-y for me.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Black and gold just contrast better. Has a "harder" look. But oh well, it's blue and that's not changing anytime soon.

Maybe the AD (and Adidas) can be convinced to add black as well, like is for the school.

Formerly "GTjay"

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
That's because way back then everything was in black and white. There was no such thing as navy. Gold was actually a light gray. :D In all seriousness, I like the idea of the black stripe and black GT on the helmet (if allowed) for defensive team members who EARN it, but I do like the navy as our accent color. Yes there are a lot of teams with navy as a primary color, but to me it seems like black is a color for even more teams. It isn't a primary or secondary, but seems to be used by most every team in some way or another. I, for one, do not want to look like Wake, Vandy, Purdue, Colorado, UCF, Army, App State, Iowa, Mizzou, ...