2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

That's because way back then everything was in black and white. There was no such thing as navy. Gold was actually a light gray. :D In all seriousness, I like the idea of the black stripe and black GT on the helmet (if allowed) for defensive team members who EARN it, but I do like the navy as our accent color. Yes there are a lot of teams with navy as a primary color, but to me it seems like black is a color for even more teams. It isn't a primary or secondary, but seems to be used by most every team in some way or another. I, for one, do not want to look like Wake, Vandy, Purdue, Colorado, UCF, Army, App State, Iowa, Mizzou, ...
I would rather look like any of those teams you listed than like UVA or Auburn. There was absolutely no reason to go with navy blue as a (at the time) tertiary color, and less as a secondary color now. True both Dodd and Alexander on occasion used navy blue jerseys, but until the NCAA demanded all home teams wear dark-colored jerseys in the 80s, our home uniforms 99+% of the time were white jerseys and gold pants. I like the black watch unis, but only for special occasions, and only if worthy of our defense. 1990 NC and 2014 OB notwithstanding I do NOT like blue jerseys, and especially I do not like blue pants or those hideous all blue ones we wore in Detroit.

Fairly certain he meant the uniform combination of navy and gold is more unique. Many teams use navy for sure, but black is quite common as well and more commonly with gold.
Well, as I said in an earlier post, I like the black jerseys of the Black Watch, but only for use on rare occasions. I can deal with the navy jerseys, but I do not like the navy pants are the all navy unis. Stick with our "brand" --- White and Gold.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, as I said in an earlier post, I like the black jerseys of the Black Watch, but only for use on rare occasions. I can deal with the navy jerseys, but I do not like the navy pants are the all navy unis. Stick with our "brand" --- White and Gold.
I'm 100% on board with this. I love our traditional white and gold and absolutely want to see a gold jersey. That said, I don't mind the blue pants thing but not more than once, and needs to be special. Either the blue pants or jersey once in regular season, but not both together unless it's a special game, bowl, etc.

The all navy did need some white in there though somewhere. Either the white helmet or the numbers and accents should've been white with gold trim.

crut

Helluva Engineer
The only one of those that even closely resemble ours is Pitt, and their blue is much lighter. Every one I listed above is black and gold and with exception of Iowa and Mizzou, they all use "gold" and not "yellow." Too many with that look.
Just for the record, Pitt rarely uses that lighter blue anymore. They almost always use navy. I think the lighter blue has basically become used only in throwbacks.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
This thread is confusing. People complain that navy blue is too common and we'd look like too many other teams if we use it too much. Then this combo pops up and they love it despite Purdue, Colorado, Wake Forest, and Vanderbilt all having black and gold as their primary colors. Come on, fellas. At least be consistent.

This thread is confusing. People complain that navy blue is too common and we'd look like too many other teams if we use it too much. Then this combo pops up and they love it despite Purdue, Colorado, Wake Forest, and Vanderbilt all having black and gold as their primary colors. Come on, fellas. At least be consistent.
We don't need either navy blue or black to be a PRIMARY color, but for trim and an occasional use for a jersey, IMO black looks better. Regardless, we should stick with our "brand", which is White and Gold.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
All signs point to blue (also) being used prominently going forward. Personally I don't have a problem with it (just preferred black), but if you do... prepare yourself lol

Formerly "GTjay"

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I believe ND uses Navy and Gold.
nd-12-navygold-mattcashore-675x380.jpg