2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Florida State, Wake, Notre Dame. And I know for a fact you’re going to come with, “well they aren’t their primary colors!!” When it makes literally zero difference whether or not someone has a color designated as primary if they wear it as often as every other game.
I don't believe a single one of those teams ever wears gold-white-gold, so your point is moot.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't believe a single one of those teams ever wears gold-white-gold, so your point is moot.
Here are all 3, plus UCLA. This doesn’t include Vandy, UCF, Colorado, Navy, Army, etc. who also routinely wear gold/white/gold. Notre Dame FSU, and UCLA are all bigger name programs that are probably much more recognizable in gold/white than Tech has ever been. And they all wear gold/white/gold for essentially all of their road games. Face it man, white and gold isn’t nearly as iconic or unique as you like to make it out to be. It’s just another color scheme.

Attachments

• 08853401-D25D-48A4-91D3-0BCE90658B98.jpeg
    08853401-D25D-48A4-91D3-0BCE90658B98.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 64
  • 8CF9243B-E599-4179-9141-F77D6BA42741.jpeg
    8CF9243B-E599-4179-9141-F77D6BA42741.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 29DD2ED2-43D7-41DE-9DB2-BA6BDCDFA5A0.jpeg
    29DD2ED2-43D7-41DE-9DB2-BA6BDCDFA5A0.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 61
  • 307EA004-0770-468D-99CA-C1D862D7A2F5.jpeg
    307EA004-0770-468D-99CA-C1D862D7A2F5.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 65
Here are all 3, plus UCLA. This doesn’t include Vandy, UCF, Colorado, Navy, Army, etc. who also routinely wear gold/white/gold. Notre Dame FSU, and UCLA are all bigger name programs that are probably much more recognizable in gold/white than Tech has ever been. And they all wear gold/white/gold for essentially all of their road games. Face it man, white and gold isn’t nearly as iconic or unique as you like to make it out to be. It’s just another color scheme.
I have no idea whether any of those teams wear them "routinely" for road games or not, but not a single uniform you posted photos of look anything like Tech's "iconic" gold-white-gold uniforms. In fact, some of them are butt-ugly. Although I am regularly mocked for pointing out what Tech's PRIMARY colors are, Tech is the ONLY FBS school in the country whose PRIMARY colors are white and gold, so why would we want to go away from that (what I prefer to call) brand. As far as your idiotic statement that the schools are probably more recognizable in gold/white than Tech has EVER been, OMG, Tech was probably the most recognizable program in the country during Dodd's years, beginning in the late 40s, and especially during the early to mid 50s. During those years, with apparently only very few games to the contrary, we wore gold/white/gold almost exclusively. It is NOT "just another color scheme"; it DEFINES Georgia Tech, every bit as much as the Wreck, the Yellow Jacket (now Buzz), and the relatively new interlocking GT (formerly just a big gold T, which was also recognizable).

Milwaukee

Banned
I have no idea whether any of those teams wear them "routinely" for road games or not, but not a single uniform you posted photos of look anything like Tech's "iconic" gold-white-gold uniforms. In fact, some of them are butt-ugly. Although I am regularly mocked for pointing out what Tech's PRIMARY colors are, Tech is the ONLY FBS school in the country whose PRIMARY colors are white and gold, so why would we want to go away from that (what I prefer to call) brand. As far as your idiotic statement that the schools are probably more recognizable in gold/white than Tech has EVER been, OMG, Tech was probably the most recognizable program in the country during Dodd's years, beginning in the late 40s, and especially during the early to mid 50s. During those years, with apparently only very few games to the contrary, we wore gold/white/gold almost exclusively. It is NOT "just another color scheme"; it DEFINES Georgia Tech, every bit as much as the Wreck, the Yellow Jacket (now Buzz), and the relatively new interlocking GT (formerly just a big gold T, which was also recognizable).

:) :) :)

3o84snFF2FZaX3QfYc.gif

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Some of you guys get waaaaay too uppity about all of this/ the white gold debate. This is an excellent point of why we all need to chill out. Just watch the team for christ's sake.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
facepalm

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Look man. I understand your passion for Tech. I understand that Tech has had great years, and awful years during your fandom. Tech is probably also one of the most historically proud programs in college sports. But if you can say you don’t know what UCLA, Notre Dame, and FSU wear (all teams which are on par with Tech’s tradition, if not more so) then why would anybody outside of Tech fans know what Tech wears? Whether you like it or not, Tech hasn’t been relevant nationally since the 90s. Sure there’s been a few years here or there (‘98, ‘09, ‘14) where Tech has had some national implications, but since 1950, Tech has had just seven 10 win seasons. Compared to other teams in that span:
UGA: 21
Clemson: 14
FSU: 24
UCLA: 8
Notre Dame: 15
Miami: 15
Ohio State: 27

I could continue to go on listing teams like that but there’s no use. Tech has not been good enough consistently to be a nationally recognized brand. Tech’s brand is virtually unrecognizable outside the southeast, and even somewhat within the southeast. A major, major factor of that is because we left the SEC way back when. The average football fan probably thinks as much about Tech as they do about Wake, or Arizona, or Illinois. All proud programs, but not relevant nationally. Leaving the SEC lost us essentially all of our major rivals, and a huge branding advantage. Think about how much more attention GT would get in those years when we bust out 9-11 wins against Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, etc. instead of Pitt, Duke, Syracuse, Boston College, etc. Because guess what, virtually every SEC team has a more recognizable brand than Tech does, and even in sports that aren’t football, like Kentucky basketball, or Vandy baseball.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Florida State, Wake, Notre Dame. And I know for a fact you’re going to come with, “well they aren’t their primary colors!!” When it makes literally zero difference whether or not someone has a color designated as primary if they wear it as often as every other game.
Wake forest wears black for everything not white and gold