2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Can anybody explain to me the video review call on Tristin English being called out when the pitcher threw wild, English ducked, the ball hit his bat, then ricocheted off of his helmet and fell fair onto the field of play?

I thought foul ball that hits any part of the batter’s body onto the field of play remains a foul ball?

Did the announcers explain the call? I must have missed it, if any explanation was given.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Can anybody explain to me the video review call on Tristin English being called out when the pitcher threw wild, English ducked, the ball hit his bat, then ricocheted off of his helmet and fell fair onto the field of play?

I thought foul ball that hits any part of the batter’s body onto the field of play remains a foul ball?
That is what happened, but the umpires can't review a foul ball off of the body. They could only review to see if it was a HBP, which it wasn't.

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow

Did the announcers explain the call? I must have missed it, if any explanation was given.

I am not sure if this is right, but I read on Twitter that they cannot review foul balls. They could review if it hit him before the bat, but cant review it hitting him after the bat. Not sure how the home plate umpire missed it in the first place.

Edit: Slow to respond.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, geez!! Isn’t it the responsibility of the video reviewer to correct the umpire!!!???

Since this is what video reviews are for in the first place!!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable time to be a GT baseball fan right now. Severely outnumbered in crowd numbers tonight, but the ones that did show were loud, especially towards the end. Gonna be another road game again tomorrow with UNC bringing another big crowd. I know probably too late for people to pack up and spend a Sunday, but would be great to get a few dozen more Techies in the stands.

With all that being said, just a great all around performance all weekend. Stellar job by 3 senior pitchers, especially Gibson and Hughes. We’ve got something special here with this team, and whether or not we win tomorrow, win the World Series, or go 0-3 in our next 3, it’s been one hell of a ride. Can’t wait to see these guys back home at the Rusty C, hopefully for 2 more weekends. Hope all of y’all come out, and bring everybody you know, this team needs to be recognized for all they’ve accomplished, but like Ramsey and CDH have said, we ain’t done nothing yet. Can’t wait!!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable time to be a GT baseball fan right now. Severely outnumbered in crowd numbers tonight, but the ones that did show were loud, especially towards the end. Gonna be another road game again tomorrow with UNC bringing another big crowd. I know probably too late for people to pack up and spend a Sunday, but would be great to get a few dozen more Techies in the stands.

With all that being said, just a great all around performance all weekend. Stellar job by 3 senior pitchers, especially Gibson and Hughes. We’ve got something special here with this team, and whether or not we win tomorrow, win the World Series, or go 0-3 in our next 3, it’s been one hell of a ride. Can’t wait to see these guys back home at the Rusty C, hopefully for 2 more weekends. Hope all of y’all come out, and bring everybody you know, this team needs to be recognized for all they’ve accomplished, but like Ramsey and CDH have said, we ain’t done nothing yet. Can’t wait!!
I have already clearly established I am bad joujou when I am live watching GT play, so you DON’T want me there.

Bigger problem is I intend to be at all the rest of their games.....Regionals and ?? Will my bad joujou kill our post-season?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel at this point, don’t rush Curry if he is not 100%...which I am guessing he isn’t otherwise we would’ve seen him. This will give him another 5-6 days of rest.

Available:
Roedig
Carpenter
Winborne
Bartnicki
Lee
Barlow
Brace

Maybes:
Willingham (would this be a bullpen day? Could he give us 20-30 pitches?)
English (28 pitches on Friday)
Curry (would rather not)

Nopes :
Hughes
Gibson
CT

As Nuke said the other day—we could even throw in there Turley, N Wilhite, Neuber if we just had to ;)

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I have already clearly established I am bad joujou when I am live watching GT play, so you DON’T want me there.

Bigger problem is I intend to be at all the rest of their games.....Regionals and ?? Will my bad joujou kill our post-season?
The way I see it, they’re either going to win/lose or play good/play bad regardless of whether you’re in the crowd or not. Plus it’s a completely different season, it’s the post-season, the same superstition rules don’t apply. Have fun next Friday ;)