2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Christ both of these managers are trying to lose this game. Roedig can’t throw a strike in the 4th but gets bailed out on a pop up and DP. CDH doesn’t warm up a pitcher. Walks the first batter in the 5th on 4 straight balls and finally CDH gets Bartnicki warming up. Way too late. Cost us at least 1 run here.

Then UNC has 1st/2nd nobody out with a pitcher who’s thrown something like 15 balls on his last 18 pitches and decides to bunt. Kid can’t put one down and ends up striking out swinging. How you call for a bunt there is beyond me. Absurd.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Christ both of these managers are trying to lose this game. Roedig can’t throw a strike in the 4th but gets bailed out on a pop up and DP. CDH doesn’t warm up a pitcher. Walks the first batter in the 5th on 4 straight balls and finally CDH gets Bartnicki warming up. Way too late. Cost us at least 1 run here.

Then UNC has 1st/2nd nobody out with a pitcher who’s thrown something like 15 balls on his last 18 pitches and decides to bunt. Kid can’t put one down and ends up striking out swinging. How you call for a bunt there is beyond me. Absurd.

I think given Roedig’s visible determination that it would have been wise to leave him on the mound after that strikeout with runners on 1st and 2nd. Keep the momentum.. instead risk with another pitcher.
Unfortunately Bartnicki gave up a 2 run homer after he got out of that inning for Roedig.
Lee in for Bartnicki now ..maybe the seniors needs to win this once and for all .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I just worry about the lack of pitching depth.

The great performances by Gibson and Hughes were huge and that will help alit, but besides them, Carpenter and English.....not sure we have anyone

And in spite of @RoosterJacket ’s claims to the contrary, I still think pitching usually beats hitting in the post-season.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I just worry about the lack of pitching depth.

The great performances by Gibson and Hughes were huge and that will help alit, but besides them, Carpenter and English.....not sure we have anyone
Bartnicki is good more times than not. I THINK/ hope curry will at least be available from the pen in the regionals. Would be big

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Bartnicki is good more times than not. I THINK/ hope curry will at least be available from the pen in the regionals. Would be big
I agree, but am beginning to believe he is more seriously hurt than we think and we won’t see him again.

slugboy

Staff member
When we went up 1-0, I was feeling good. Hoping we’re ready for the NCAA regionals, but really would have liked an ACC title.
Overall, impressive tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Game would have been a little different had we scored in the 1st. Enough different? We'll never know. But our hottest hitter grounded into a DP with 1st & 3rd and 1 out. It happens. Even those early innings matter & can change course of game.

I can't complain. Great season... a good showing in the conference tournament. Over the 4 games, the pitching was much more often better than it wasn't. Good sign.

Get "home" (we definitely weren't this week) ...& recharge for A RUN while playing at home!

CAN'T WAIT to see where this goes.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, it has truly been an outstanding season for our team, which has earned its way into an unexpected high seeding to host a regional in its own home ballpark.

And it has a very good opportunity to advance to host a super regional in its own ballpark, too.

This is the dream and the goal of every college baseball team at the beginning of each season, and our team is in it!

Way to go, Jackets! We fans are rooting for you every step of the way!