2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
You should have no problem but NCSU will bring a lot of fans. Stadium holds 10000. I have season tix to the Bull's games so I go there a lot. May go myself this time. Sit on the first Base side in sections 108 110 or 208 210 to be in the shade. My tix are in 110 right behind the dugout.
Also upper level from about 205 to 212 is under a roof.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If you do sit on 1st base side, you'll be surrounded by NCST fans. That's their dugout for tomorrow's game. I'd expect most Tech fans on 3rd base side. By 5pm... most of the seats should be in shade... right @g0lftime ?
Not on the third base side. Outfield is really in the sun. The bulls are always on first Base side. That is normally home team for Durban.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Even 110 is in the sun before noon and then shade after. Not sure why they switched up home team dugouts.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Forgot how fun it was to watch a team that expects to win. And kudos to CDH & Howell for managing the pitching staff to get us the win for this game. Every move they made was the right one.
You beat me to it. It actually was a well played, clean, well coached game both ways.

Tech won a 1-run meaningful game giving up only 1 run over final 8 innings ...& 0 in final 6 innings.

Just a great game by the good guys!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
UNC ties it up 5-5! Miami batting B9. No problem at all with this game going extras. Use up those relievers.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Rodig will need to pitch fearlessly tomorrow. Every game in the tournament I have watched so far, blue is giving nothing on the fringes of the zone.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitchers definitely available for tomorrow:
Roedig
Carpenter
Gibson
Hughes
Winborne
Lee
Barlow
Brace

Maybe available:
Bartnicki
Curry??
English (probably not)

Definitely not available:
Willingham
CT

Thanks, I was just doing that! I agree. It's not that bad since the first game was all the way back on Tuesday. I really hope to see X for an inning just to know he's ok. For some reason, I don't believe athletic injury reports.

(tic) Left off Nick and Turley and Taylor and Neuber and Barlow and Friedman. Guess they can go on Sunday.

Wonder if Roedig will get the start or if he may turn to someone else tomorrow?

It doesn't really matter who starts to me if the leash is short enough. Staff days.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
My interpretation of this.... Xay will pitch this weekend. Maybe even start tomorrow....but I miss on quite a few of my hunches.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=150034

Q. Danny, do you go with Cort tomorrow, and secondly, you said you'd like to see Xza maybe throw some live ball this weekend. Is that a possibility still?
DANNY HALL: It would be a possibility. I don't know who our starter is going to be. We didn't play NC State, and so we have very little kind of history on them right now. So we'll use a day of rest just to kind of figure out who we have and what our best option is to go at them.

Xza is just day-to-day. We'll kind of keep an eye on him day-to-day, see how he feels. He's definitely not out, but I wouldn't say he's definitely in, either, and then, like I said, we'll just figure out who we need to try to throw at them. They've got a great team. That's pretty obvious. And so we'll try to make the best decision to select the starter.

Q. Did Colin lose track of things there on that bunt?
DANNY HALL: He took his eye off the pitcher. They crashed, which we have the very same play, and I kind of think he heard one of our coaches say, "back," and so he went back to the base, but the mistake was not keeping your head on the pitcher to kind of watch what was going on, so good play on their part and just -- it's a mistake by Colin, but he'll learn. He'll know better next time that you don't take your eyes off the ball. Know where that ball is at.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks, I was just doing that! I agree. It's not that bad since the first game was all the way back on Tuesday. I really hope to see X for an inning just to know he's ok. For some reason, I don't believe athletic injury reports.

(tic) Left off Nick and Turley and Taylor and Neuber and Barlow and Friedman. Guess they can go on Sunday.

It doesn't really matter who starts to me if the leash is short enough. Staff days.

You know it Navy, whatever it takes!!! I think Lee is only good for an inning now due to ongoing arm issues that CDH mentioned last week. Gibson did start last Tuesday, so he may get the ball. I agree, gotta be pretty quick with the hook tomorrow. Can’t let anything get out of hand; especially with what will likely be a raucous NCST crowd.

Man, it sure is fun to be having discussions like this as opposed to last two years where we were very pessimistically hoping for getting in the NCAAT.