2018 Off Season Thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It always was biased but they worked harder at being journalists back then;)
I think it was more that they had less time to fill, they only came on for 3 hours a day and each hour was separated by several hours. The advent of 24 hr news shows was the demise of the news as we knew it. It's a lot easier to fill time with a talking head spewing opinions rather than all the actual hard work involved in the production of news reports. Then it became the commentary that drove ratings and it was all she wrote for the news being the primary function.

What's really sad today is that the competing news programs can't even agree on the facts in a story.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think it was more that they had less time to fill, they only came on for 3 hours a day and each hour was separated by several hours. The advent of 24 hr news shows was the demise of the news as we knew it. It's a lot easier to fill time with a talking head spewing opinions rather than all the actual hard work involved in the production of news reports. Then it became the commentary that drove ratings and it was all she wrote for the news being the primary function.

What's really sad today is that the competing news programs can't even agree on the facts in a story.

Preach, dcs. I take back all the bad things I said about you behind your back. I'm kidding.

I've long said "journalism" is ded because of many of the reasons you articulate here.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
"... and that's the way it is" Why he (Cronkite) had opinions, he normally kept his opinion out of the nightly news. Saved them for editorial special editions, but not during "the news".

Back when news was news. :)

Fwiw, I wonder if Cronkite would have that reputation if there had been conservative talk radio or a fox news to provide a bigger picture.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Real Women GT Football.jpg

Animal02

Banned
"... and that's the way it is" Why he (Cronkite) had opinions, he normally kept his opinion out of the nightly news. Saved them for editorial special editions, but not during "the news".

Back when news was news. :)
While he may have not publicly stated them, the presentation and simply what news was presented and omitted .had a slant to it

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Let’s think this through... Dwags are already obnoxious as hell. Do we really want to fuel, lubricate and elevate that obnoxious behavior with a stadium full of drunk dwags?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Let’s think this through... Dwags are already obnoxious as hell. Do we really want to fuel, lubricate and elevate that obnoxious behavior with a stadium full of drunk dwags?

I see your point but I’m regretting that I ran out of Bloody Mary mix before last year’s game. A few more and I probably wouldn’t have noticed this “lady” extending her middle finger at a GT fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk