2018 Off Season Thread

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
GP512.gif

Little known fact....this team was the direct inspiration for Houston's Phi Slamma Jamma teams of the 80s.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
A Clemson friend of mine from the Spartanburg area is in Hilton Head this week for the Heritage. He sent me the following photo he took in the marina there ---

The boat apparently belongs to Drew Hearn -- https://issuu.com/gtathletics/docs/gt_buzz_magazine-winter09_-_web/28

I had the pleasure of listening to Drew Hearn speak at a Baseball benefit when I was a student, and he was hilarious. He told a story about having that boat painted - When he told the guy to paint "The Ramblin' Wreck" on it, the guy says "Well, I should tell you than i'm a bulldog fan." Drew said, "That's ok, I'll spell it for you....You ever wonder why I'm up here on a yacht and you're down there on the dock painting other people's boats?"

I had the pleasure of listening to Drew Hearn speak at a Baseball benefit when I was a student, and he was hilarious. He told a story about having that boat painted - When he told the guy to paint "The Ramblin' Wreck" on it, the guy says "Well, I should tell you than i'm a bulldog fan." Drew said, "That's ok, I'll spell it for you....You ever wonder why I'm up here on a yacht and you're down there on the dock painting other people's boats?"
Oh, that is priceless !!!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That is pure Mr. Hearn. My brother was there when that conversation took place. I think the original "Ramblin Wreck" was lost off the coast of Jacksonville during a storm. It was a good bit larger than the one pictured.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was just on 92.9 the game, nothing really that we haven’t heard. However, he was asked about the past recruiting classes, and he said we signed a pretty good sized class last year for what we normally do because we don’t over sign like some of the other schools lol.