2018 Off Season Thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Dude had three strikes at GT, it's not like he didn't have his chances. Helluva player. Sucks that Miami will benefit from CPJ/GT's firm commitment to following through with consequences for repeatedly breaking the law/rules no matter how good a player. I highly doubt if he had gone to Miami, or many other schools for that matter, in the first place he'd have ever been booted.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From talking to people in program - he had many chances and interventions on many levels. Rule bending is not a CPJ trait.

He came to tech - so I wish him well. Some good players come from non nuclear family.

Cheese is right - I hope he looks back at MR and CPJ as men who made a big difference in his life.

Also hope our new defense swarms all over Miami and him if he ever plays.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Miami Mark doesn’t care what his players do so long as they don’t get arrested. Those public arrest reports make it a lot damn harder to sweep the usual muck under the rug.:cigar:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to him but I hope he’s straightened his issues out. If it was hard for him to keep his head on right in ATL, Miami could eat him alive!
You got that right, luckily for him he’s found a coach who will let him get away with murder. I wish him the best there except against us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The big take away for me is he put self above team and for what, a few puffs of weed. That speaks more to his character than anything else. Another thing, you can't just sweep these things under the rug, especially with star players. It sends a message to the team you really don't want to send.

No player is bigger than the team... that was the message sent and it was the right one. Unfortunately, DM's poor choices cost us hugely last year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Remember that the "I" in team is hidden in the a**holes.

upload_2018-4-4_9-44-36.png

Something similar in ways to the Dedrick Mills story is that, according to one of his HS coaches, Mikel Lands-Davis has left W Georgia, where he transferred after Tech. And by leaving, I don't mean leaving the football team; he has apparently left school completely. The HS coach had no idea why or what MLD's plans were, but it strikes me as sad. Another potentially great RB has hung it all up.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
The big take away for me is he put self above team and for what, a few puffs of weed. That speaks more to his character than anything else. Another thing, you can't just sweep these things under the rug, especially with star players. It sends a message to the team you really don't want to send.

No player is bigger than the team... that was the message sent and it was the right one. Unfortunately, DM's poor choices cost us hugely last year.

There is no marijuana in Miami...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone actually been able to confirm this? I don't see anyone reporting this anywhere, I'll be surprised if he ends up there.
I haven't seen it confirmed yet either. I hope it's not true just so we don't have to play against that bowling ball of a RB