2018 Off Season Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It looks like Tennessee is on it's way to the SEC Championship Game they lead Arkansas 48-29 at the half. If they win against Arkansas tomorrow they will play 23-10 Kentucky who beat Alabama 86-63. Tennessee hasn't won the SEC Tournament since 1979.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Please stop posting about Tennessee in the GT section. There's a whole section for other schools. I don't care about Tennessee, and I don't want to read about Tennessee.

Tennessee hasn’t been the focus of this thread. Your complaint is akin to saying “Please don’t write articles in the media about Trump.”

It is an offseason thread with a wide range of topics not focused solely on Tech. So it might belong in a different forum. If it really bugs ya ask the mods to move it or just ignore.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee hasn’t been the focus of this thread. Your complaint is akin to saying “Please don’t write articles in the media about Trump.”

It is an offseason thread with a wide range of topics not focused solely on Tech. So it might belong in a different forum. If it really bugs ya ask the mods to move it or just ignore.
Some folks get testy in the offseason and it's good you can block certain posters. It's rough not to go to Postseason in football,basketball and probably baseball and half to wait for the Spring football game and Summer Practice to start. However if the folks in charge of running the GT Swarm Board want to move this thread to the College and Pro Sports section they can.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Actually, your analogy isn't a good one. It's more akin to a uga-soaked thread in the GT Football forum. I don't want to put @MikeJackets1967 on my ignore list because I find much of his content (assuming "his" because it says Mike, but could be wrong and apologize if I am) interesting and thoughtful. This thread is in the GT Football section of the forum, not the College & Pro Sports section, so even in an off-season thread, the discussion in the GT Football section should be GT Football or how something else affects GT Football. To me, @MikeJackets1967 is giving us a running update as to what Tennessee is doing this offseason. That's information that should be in an Off-Season thread or Tennessee thread in the College & Pro Sports section. I could "report" it to the moderators and leave it at that, but I didn't. It does bug me, but only enough to ask him to take it to another forum. I know that's my problem not someone else's.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Actually, your analogy isn't a good one. It's more akin to a uga-soaked thread in the GT Football forum. I don't want to put @MikeJackets1967 on my ignore list because I find much of his content (assuming "his" because it says Mike, but could be wrong and apologize if I am) interesting and thoughtful. This thread is in the GT Football section of the forum, not the College & Pro Sports section, so even in an off-season thread, the discussion in the GT Football section should be GT Football or how something else affects GT Football. To me, @MikeJackets1967 is giving us a running update as to what Tennessee is doing this offseason. That's information that should be in an Off-Season thread or Tennessee thread in the College & Pro Sports section. I could "report" it to the moderators and leave it at that, but I didn't. It does bug me, but only enough to ask him to take it to another forum. I know that's my problem not someone else's.

Mike can’t move it unless he is a mod...pretty sure he isn’t. And you don’t have to use ignore feature on him to ignore a thread. Just stop clicking on it.