2018 Off Season Thread

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Arizona smartened up.

BREAKING: Former #Houston & #TAMU HC Kevin Sumlin is expected to become the new head coach at #Arizona, per source.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's my list of 15 possible successors to Paul Johnson in no particular order:

Ken Niumatalolo Head Coach Navy
Jeff Monken Head Coach Army
Scott Satterfield Head Coach Appalachian State
Mike Houston Head Coach James Madison
Chris Klieman Head Coach North Dakota State
John Grass Head Coach Jacksonville State
Neal Brown Head Coach Troy
Jeff Tedford Head Coach Fresno State
Brian Bohannon Head Coach Kennesaw State
Pat Fitzgerald Head Coach Northwestern
Jason Candle Head Coach Toledo
Jeff Scott Co Offensive Coordinator and WR Coach Clemson
Ed Warinner Offensive Coordinator Ohio State
Jay Hopson Head Coach Southern Miss
Sonny Cumbie Offensive Coordinator TCU

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here's my list of 15 possible successors to Paul Johnson in no particular order:

Ken Niumatalolo Head Coach Navy
Jeff Monken Head Coach Army
Scott Satterfield Head Coach Appalachian State
Mike Houston Head Coach James Madison
Chris Klieman Head Coach North Dakota State
John Grass Head Coach Jacksonville State
Neal Brown Head Coach Troy
Jeff Tedford Head Coach Fresno State
Brian Bohannon Head Coach Kennesaw State
Pat Fitzgerald Head Coach Northwestern
Jason Candle Head Coach Toledo
Jeff Scott Co Offensive Coordinator and WR Coach Clemson
Ed Warinner Offensive Coordinator Ohio State
Jay Hopson Head Coach Southern Miss
Sonny Cumbie Offensive Coordinator TCU

I wonder how many would be interested.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
2 juniors. Roquan Smith as well. I read these early season previews and some are like "UGA at #5. Despite losing a lot of defensive starters, should not see much drop off." Come on. I don't care how good your recruiting is, you don't just reload on Trenton Thompson (consensus #1 player in his class), Roquan Smith (Butkus award winner), and seniors Lorenzo Carter (5*), John Atkins, Davin Bellamy, Dominic Sanders, Reggie Carter, and Aaron Davis. They are losing 8 of their defensive starters and a package guy (Davis). You don't reload on that kind of experience. A lot of those I mentioned have started the last 3 years. But, hey, we also thought in 2015 that we could replace experience with better talent.

They will still probably win the sec east, unless Mullins gets it cooking at Florida quickly.

Btw, how in the hell can a team have 31 seniors? Way over the signing limit, and don’t they have attrition ever? I mean i know that NObody on the fb team flunks out of uga but come on!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
They will still probably win the sec east, unless Mullins gets it cooking at Florida quickly.

Btw, how in the hell can a team have 31 seniors? Way over the signing limit, and don’t they have attrition ever? I mean i know that NObody on the fb team flunks out of uga but come on!
I'm not sure where the 31 seniors number comes from. I counted 15 scholarship seniors on their team, 3 graduate transfers (Ramsey, a kicker, and their punter Nizialek), and 10 walk-ons. With losing Trenton Thompson and Roquan Smith, that's 30 players which is close. Still going to be difficult to replace.

EDIT: For reference, GT loses 12 scholarship players this year and 1 walk-on.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure where the 31 seniors number comes from. I counted 15 scholarship seniors on their team, 3 graduate transfers (Ramsey, a kicker, and their punter Nizialek), and 10 walk-ons. With losing Trenton Thompson and Roquan Smith, that's 30 players which is close. Still going to be difficult to replace.
UGAG will be passing a lot more in 2018 than they did in 2017. It might take all season for them to get their running game established the way they want it to be.