2018 Coaching Carousel

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but I do think Randy Shannon is a good coordinator.

Bottom line is we have to be able to pay assistant coaches to keep and attract them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UNC can be a good program. Mack Brown proved that before he left for Texas. NC produces pretty good talent, and if UNC can put a fence around the state and cherry pick a few guys around the South (the formula Mack Brown used) they can easily win 9-11 games every year...which is good for them.

That said, UNC would be dumb to look at anyone else not named Satterfield. He's the real deal, knows the state, and will dangerous with a bigger budget to play with...which he will get at UNC.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Coach Woody might want to go. I don't know that he really understood what he was getting into. It's very difficult (not impossible though) to get the type of player he needs to be successful here. There's not a lot of defensive lineman walking around that want to actually get an education.

This is SO true, and I have been trying to get our fans to understand this. What is sad is that now it is hard to get the LB's as well.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
So far Kansas has fired their coach and hired Les Miles.

Louisville has fired Petrino and wants Jeff Brohm

North Carolina fired Larry Fedora today.

Colorado fored Mike Macintyre.

I'm sure I'm missing others, but so far 4 of 65 power 5 teams are replacing head coaches.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
So far Kansas has fired their coach and hired Les Miles.

Louisville has fired Petrino and wants Jeff Brohm

North Carolina fired Larry Fedora today.

Colorado fored Mike Macintyre.

I'm sure I'm missing others, but so far 4 of 65 power 5 teams are replacing head coaches.

More will come, I'm sure.

The CFB landscape has changed so drastically in even just the last ten years. Hiring a successful re-tread like Miles may perk up ticket sales, but let's face it: Kansas didn't know how good they had it when they had Mangino. And they fired him. And in this new landscape they're going to find it impossible to compete in the Big 12. I honestly doubt they will ever have consistent success. EVER.

Same for UNC.

Same for Colorado.

Louisville might be an exception only because they have enough recent sustained success, but if I were Brohm I'd be wary of taking a job there ... who knows how deep the Adidas stuff goes; I'd be concerned that I'd be coaching a team on 5 years of probation.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
To be a little more fair Mangino resigned amid a controversial investigation.

Kansas May have forced him out but they honestly didn’t have much of a choice.

Also all this coach changing and chasing instant success to me is all part of the “post-saban” landscape.