2018 Coaching Carousel

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see an official Coaching Carousel thread. Maybe we can migrate other threads to this one to keep discussion contained.

Today Les Miles was hired by Kansas and Mike MacIntyre was fired from Colorado. Any thoughts on potential other openings? Coaches who might move?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see an official Coaching Carousel thread. Maybe we can migrate other threads to this one to keep discussion contained.

Today Les Miles was hired by Kansas and Mike MacIntyre was fired from Colorado. Any thoughts on potential other openings? Coaches who might move?

I think Larry Fedora will be fired next week and so will Western Kentucky head coach Mike Sanford and also East Carolina head coach Scooter Montgomery. I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia State head coach Shawn Elliot was fired also. I think Mike McIntyre could be a candidate for the North Carolina head coaching job.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My list of head coaches who could be fired in the next week or two

Clay Helton USC
Chris Ash Rutgers
Randy Edsall UConn
Larry Fedora UNC
Lovie Smith Illinois
Mike Sanford Western Kentucky
Brent Brennan SJSU
Scooter Montgomery ECU
Phillip Montgomery Tulsa
Brad Lambert Charlotte
Mark Whipple UMass
Bobby Wilder Old Dominion
Shawn Elliot Georgia State

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
According to College Football Scoop here are the main candidates for the Purdue head coaching job when and if Jeff Brohm goes to Louisville. Purdue AD Bobinski has a lame list of head coaching candidates in my opinion:rolleyes:

Neil Brown

Butch Jones

Skip Holtz

Tony Elliott

Matt Canada

Mike Norvell

Purdue is trying to talk Jeff Brohm into staying at Purdue however they're also preparing to look for a new head football coach.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Rutgers is bringing back head football coach Chris Ash for the 2019 football season even though he's 1-10 this season and has only won 7 games the last 3 seasons. I guess they want to put off having to pay a new person to take over as Rutgers head football coach.

slugboy

Staff member

The thread is golden. They’re so busy mocking Fisher they don’t have time to mock Del Rio.

Maybe recruiting is automatic at USC, but I’m surprised that they’re both pro names. NFL coaches don’t recruit (as much)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk