2018 ACC Football Kickoff

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Because I'm bored at work:
Georgia Tech has a 12,779 ATL campus, non-international, undergrad student population
Clemson has 19,220

So, theoretically, Clemson has 6,441 more possible students to attend games.

Georgia Tech (2017-2018) http://lite.gatech.edu/
Total Enrollment: 29,369

Total Enrollment on ATL Campus: 21,513
Undergraduate: 14,839
Graduate: 6,674

Total Enrollment at ATL Campus, Non-International: 15,901
Undergraduate: 12,779
Graduate: 3,122

Clemson (2017-2018)* http://workgroups.clemson.edu/A_A_5690_OIR/factbook//
Total Enrollment: 24,387
Undergraduate: 19,402
Graduate: 4,985

Total Enrollment, Non-International: 22,932
Undergraduate: 19,220
Graduate: 3,712

*Georgia Tech had the option to filter out student enrollment by campus, I didn't see an option for Clemson so I'm assuming there's one campus? idk, their 'Fact Book' was extremely clunky

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Because I'm bored at work:
Georgia Tech has a 12,779 ATL campus, non-international, undergrad student population
Clemson has 19,220

So, theoretically, Clemson has 6,441 more possible students to attend games.

Georgia Tech (2017-2018) http://lite.gatech.edu/
Total Enrollment: 29,369

Total Enrollment on ATL Campus: 21,513
Undergraduate: 14,839
Graduate: 6,674

Total Enrollment at ATL Campus, Non-International: 15,901
Undergraduate: 12,779
Graduate: 3,122

Clemson (2017-2018)* http://workgroups.clemson.edu/A_A_5690_OIR/factbook//
Total Enrollment: 24,387
Undergraduate: 19,402
Graduate: 4,985

Total Enrollment, Non-International: 22,932
Undergraduate: 19,220
Graduate: 3,712

*Georgia Tech had the option to filter out student enrollment by campus, I didn't see an option for Clemson so I'm assuming there's one campus? idk, their 'Fact Book' was extremely clunky
Clemson also has a “bridge” college that many kids go to that don’t get accepted. Not sure if that is included in your numbers. Also their larger size is not a new phenomena and that makes their cumulative alumni base much much larger.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I saw a presentation from alumni association a few months ago where they mentioned that in recent classes, nearly 50% of grads have stayed in ATL. That's a sea change from when I graduated 15 years ago. Of my "class" of 50 of so people in my major who I saw a lot my last few semesters, maybe 10-15 stayed in metro area. If that trend continues (as ATL becomes bigger technology hub), that should help having more alums within proximity to come to games.

At places like Clemson, I'd bet that most students are from within few hours and probably settle post-graduation within gameday driving distance radius.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson also has a “bridge” college that many kids go to that don’t get accepted. Not sure if that is included in your numbers. Also their larger size is not a new phenomena and that makes their cumulative alumni base much much larger.
Good to know! I didn't see the 'bridge' college option in the report so I would assume they're wrapped into those final numbers.
And totally agree with the historically larger alumni base - wanted to clearly post the numbers since there were a few floating around on here

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Being taken out of context imo. All he’s trying to say is, you can win without being balanced. It’s really just that simple but people are looking into it to much as if he’s comparing GT and UGA in their balance when that’s not what he was doing.

I cringe cause of how that sounds. He later reiterated GT does what they do and that they have to be good at that first.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Would've been a great opportunity for CPJ to bring up the 120 million dollar capital campaign

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

image.png

Is this the one? When updated for 2017, CPJ is going to be a bit worse. I will update this thread for the 2017 season with a lot of stats ( https://gtswarm.com/threads/113-years-of-gt-football-–-2015-9-losses-to-2016-9-wins-to-2017.12624/ ) at some point. I'm just not very motivated right now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Dabo, who many on here thought was a joke, was and is a people person. After the clemson at gt game he and every sideline coach and G A go over to their fans in S E corner of b d s . They thank them for the support. Dabo buys pizza. These things multiply numbers .

I only saw Gailey on tv, but his lack of emotion really turned me off. Love the fire in COACH AND LOVE HIS INTEGRITY.

We sit behind the bench and can see that coach loves the game and is very happy for a player when he executes. Usually its the blocker who laid out and made the play . Wish gtaa new how to market that as it is so from the heart genuine.

After 15 coach promised to fix it. i believe he will help at instructions to the ol men ( less missed assignments) and he gets t marshall to stop and pop his passes (pass complete about 50%.).

If we do i think we win big this year ( 7-5 ish w some good blow out wins , " it is what it is " will mean very good things . It has sounded defeatist , but it could take on a very positive meaning - Were on the way up - It is what it is, baby!