2017 Spring Practice

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Ken... you have to read anything in the AJC with half correct glasses. Marshall is Starting, not competing. I wish we had not lost the 2 tackles. Even with those 2 leaving and Freddie gone, this group has a chance to be as solid a group as GT has had in a while. The most important thing this spring is to develop depth and stay healthy.

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If we have a couple of people step up at LB we'll be really solid imo. If nobody can beat out Mitchell or Curry then we'll struggle defensively.
This is the best OL group I've seen at Tech.
It's still a possibility we get some linebackers transfer from Alabama or another SEC team that would put us where we need to be defensively. You would think there are some that are tired of waiting their turn when they could start day 1 at GT.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It's still a possibility we get some linebackers transfer from Alabama or another SEC team that would put us where we need to be defensively. You would think there are some that are tired of waiting their turn when they could start day 1 at GT.
Has there even been talk about someone transferring?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ken... you have to read anything in the AJC with half correct glasses. Marshall is Starting, not competing. I wish we had not lost the 2 tackles. Even with those 2 leaving and Freddie gone, this group has a chance to be as solid a group as GT has had in a while. The most important thing this spring is to develop depth and stay healthy.

So, Lee and Marshall at Tackle. Who is behind them?

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
It's all a great read- it gets our adrenaline pumping, which it's supposed to do. Personally I have enjoyed the Saban tirants over "ball control " this week.
Can't wait for our first coaches practice analysis-
Even after then-it's all an adrenaline rush until that first toe meets leather with Tennessee!
Let's ride that momentum

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
It's tough when you have basically no upperclass numbers. I'm talking on scholarship. Does any other team in the ACC have 2 Sr's and 2 Jr's. 4 upperclass OL. Eventually GT has to find a way to keep kids from leaving early or getting hurt in practice or sign 6 OL every year. When you look at how many young OL have played, its crazy. Will has played in 23 games going into his true Jr year ( on the LOS ). Add the three now true Soph who played snaps last year and that's a lot of games w young OL Hopefully we get to the fall with everyone healthy.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Either that or Mitchell and Curry/Lewis has tuned it up a notch. I still think Mitchell has ACC abilities in him :)

Yeah, I'm not sure the criticism of Mitchell is warranted. I thought he played really well as a Freshman. Last year he didn't stand out quite as much, but it was only year two. Theres a reason the factories tend to start more juniors and seniors when you get away from the skill positions...

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
This spring some of the other guys have a fantastic chance to solidify some playing time. Scott is athletic enough to play Tackle. He started off as a DL. Some of the walk-on have a chance to maybe get some money! I think we have some left over.Marshall and Will can play mulitable positions if ever needed. This spring will be fun. Also it will be the best spring game in years. No non contact Jerseys.