2017 Spring Practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited about Jay Jones. Coach is talking about him with the same enthusiasm he had with Dedrick.
When asked if JJ should move if not in the qb 2 deep CPJ said "Jay's a freshman so he needs to soak at QB, but I'm not sure he won't be the QB..." Man, now that's quality depth!!!

*edit: This is what happens when you don't read the entire thread before you post. (I said the same thing as Sidewalk)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Georgia Tech backups light it up for offense in scrimmage
Quaide Weimerskirch ran for three touchdowns in the scrimmage at Bobby Dodd Stadium, going 38, 35 and six yards to the end zone.
Quarterback TaQuon Marshall delivered the other three touchdowns via the passing game, as the offense got the better of its counterpart in the team’s first full scrimmage of the spring. Marshall made scoring throws of 55 yards to wide receiver Brad Stewart, 24 to wide receiver Jalen Camp and 13 on a screen pass to Mills.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
When asked if JJ should move if not in the qb 2 deep CPJ said "Jay's a freshman so he needs to soak at QB, but I'm not sure he won't be the QB..." Man, now that's quality depth!!!

*edit: This is what happens when you don't read the entire thread before you post. (I said the same thing as Sidewalk)
Was he saying that he might be the starter about Jay or about Marshall? I thought it was the latter.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
After today's scrimmage...

On the competition at offensive tackle:

“Right now, I don’t know about stepping up to challenge, but Andrew Marshall’s playing pretty good. Jahaziel (Lee) is not playing very

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
“There was some good and bad. It was like every scrimmage. I thought that the B-backs did a really nice job. KirVonte (Benson) and Quaide (Weimerskirch), I don’t know how many yards they had, but it had to be a ton. Made some nice runs. Offense – too many mistakes and the ball’s out too much and we hit some big plays in the passing game. I thought that TaQuon (Marshall) played well. KirVonte did some things. Quaide had some runs. All in all, it was a scrimmage.”

More here http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/w...eorgia-tech-scrimmage/DsS7YckloydWYal1aGCAGI/