2017 roster/depth

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have more quality depth at the skill positions than maybe, probably, any time in my 40 year history with the program. We are in a good place talent wise.

Oline could be special if we keep adding and have no attrition.

DL has promise but our future is young here and we need more depth and game breakers.

LB we lack size by and large and ranginess. This position group can be impacted quickly with just a couple of freshmen.

The D will likely continue to be our achilles but there is also opportunity here.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think Mathew Jordan is going to be a very good QB next year, he has a much better arm than what he showed vs. VT, and his strong inside running will bring back the long soul crushing drives that we love and miss.

If things go the way I hope MJ will pass when not expected and be effective. When we have to pass or come from behind late in the game, and the D knows we have to throw, I expect to see LJ in there. This is not CPJs normal action but the personnel may dictate it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We have more quality depth at the skill positions than maybe, probably, any time in my 40 year history with the program. We are in a good place talent wise.

Oline could be special if we keep adding and have no attrition.

DL has promise but our future is young here and we need more depth and game breakers.

LB we lack size by and large and ranginess. This position group can be impacted quickly with just a couple of freshmen.

The D will likely continue to be our achilles but there is also opportunity here.
DL has me super worried. Next year we'll have zero 5th yr players and 4 4th yr players. So out of the two oldest/most experienced/most physically developed classes on the team, we have a whopping 4 DL's, none of which are DT's. Our oldest DT's will only be 3rd yr guys.

The mutt OL pushed us around like we were on roller skates and that was with Gamble who graduates. Adams better lose some weight or we're in deep doo doo. Even if he does, he's still just a true soph. Kyle is 295, but he plays like he's 250. Imo, everything rides on his and Glanton's improvement before next season. They're performance will shape the DL which shapes the entire D.

Don't get me started on the LB corps which loses it's best player and team leader in tackles.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
just talked to my buddies on the team. they said that Marcus Marshall is gone after this season. I wish i was wrong here, but this came directly from people on the team. I really hope Mills can walk the straight and narrow this off season, or we're back to square 1 at the BB position.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lord, I thought we were going to have two really good B Backs next year. Now it sounds like we may not have either one.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
DL has me super worried. Next year we'll have zero 5th yr players and 4 4th yr players. So out of the two oldest/most experienced/most physically developed classes on the team, we have a whopping 4 DL's, none of which are DT's. Our oldest DT's will only be 3rd yr guys.

The mutt OL pushed us around like we were on roller skates and that was with Gamble who graduates. Adams better lose some weight or we're in deep doo doo. Even if he does, he's still just a true soph. Kyle is 295, but he plays like he's 250. Imo, everything rides on his and Glanton's improvement before next season. They're performance will shape the DL which shapes the entire D.

Don't get me started on the LB corps which loses it's best player and team leader in tackles.

Agree but I am encouraged with the play of Branch and I predict he will be a starter at DT.

biojacket06

Georgia Tech Fan
I would assume he just wants to be "the guy" instead of having to split carries with Mills. There's a lot of stuff that could be going on though not even related to football. Who knows.

Could be he is worried about the harm he is doing to his brain and body. I guess we will find out if the rumor is true, and if so the intentions will be pretty evident.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Damn. That's F'ed up if he does. He sure ran the ball saturday like someone that wanted to be here next year. Hope he changes his mind and Mills can tighten up too. PJ needs to figure out a way to get them both on the field at the same time then.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It’s not CPJ’s job to play both so they’re both happy. That’s suicide for a coach. CPJ is going to play whoever gives us the best chance to win in each individual game whether it’s one player getting 80% of the snaps, 2 players getting 50% each, whether one player is here next year, or another who hasn’t played in 2 games. CPJ can try and convince him to stay but promising him more playing time is foolish. I hope Marshall stays but he has an equal chance of winning the job as any other back on our team. If he leaves, I wish him the best and he gave us a good 2 years and a 3 game win streak to end this season on.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Going back to DT for a moment - Chris Martin comes off his redshirt and Jordan Woods off his injury. Both have been in the program a year.
Neither replaces what we are losing at the position but they are not new to the schemes.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The other thing to add here with all the names being thrown around is that I think all these young guys are hungry.
We might need somebody(s) to step-up and replace the lost leadership of JT and Burden, but if they keep their minds right and build chemistry ...

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we'll miss JT more than some think. Hopefully the other guys can step up enough that we can still win games. Branch will be our best defensive lineman next year.
We will miss him but not that much. The offense ran pretty good against VT. JT made good plays but sometimes he tried to much more than was neseccary and ultimately ending up in bad negative plays. I think we will be fine at the QB position. Just have to hope the D takes a big step forward in the offseason.