2017 Offseason Thread

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My wish list ... ND and Penn State or Texas.
I think ND is a no brainer (if they ever commit to a conference, which I think is going to become an increasing need for them)
Penn State would give the ACC a more solid NE footprint with BC and Pitt. And my personal opinion is they would bolt the Big10
Texas would give the ACC a competing entity for Missouri, Arkansas and TA&M in the SEC. Plus I think they would love to "flip the bird" to TA&M for joining the SEC.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
My wish list ... ND and Penn State or Texas.
I think ND is a no brainer (if they ever commit to a conference, which I think is going to become an increasing need for them)
Penn State would give the ACC a more solid NE footprint with BC and Pitt. And my personal opinion is they would bolt the Big10
Texas would give the ACC a competing entity for Missouri, Arkansas and TA&M in the SEC. Plus I think they would love to "flip the bird" to TA&M for joining the SEC.
A lot of SEC folks would love to land Texas. Houston,TCU or Baylor would be another team that would give the ACC a footprint in the Lone Star State.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Fascinating view of not just the stadium, but the northern parts of the campus and what is now known as midtown. Not many dorms back then.
Wasn't that small building at one side of the stands Heisman Gym where GT played basketball until GT built McCamish Pavilion was built in 1956? Heisman Gym was so small and in such poor condition that UK Coach Adolph Rupp refused to let Kentucky play there..

Wasn't that small building at one side of the stands Heisman Gym where GT played basketball until GT built McCamish Pavilion was built in 1956? Heisman Gym was so small and in such poor condition that UK Coach Adolph Rupp refused to let Kentucky play there..
That building may have been the gym in the 30s, but it was not the "old gym" that was used for PT in the 60s and had been used for basketball until the Dome was built. In the 60s, the old gym was where the north stands are now, and the building on the corner was the Naval armory.