2017 Offseason Thread

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
For a guy who constantly pushes back the "triple option" is just one of the plays in our "spread option" attack, it's funny to see him standing in front of a screen showing "GEORGIA TECH FOOTBALL...The Triple Option".
I know it is not that big a deal but our offense is best described as a triple option offense for the general public. Coach Johnson knows, we know, the players know that it is really just one play in our playbook but for the public at large they naturally associate triple option with Georgia Tech. Embrace it and relish it as another of our distinctive characteristics that make up "The Institute"

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I know it is not that big a deal but our offense is best described as a triple option offense for the general public. Coach Johnson knows, we know, the players know that it is really just one play in our playbook but for the public at large they naturally associate triple option with Georgia Tech. Embrace it and relish it as another of our distinctive characteristics that make up "The Institute"
I always thought it was pretty much the veer offense.;)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but is it an outside veer or inside veer? Emory Ballard, God bless his soul, would be impressed.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
If Boston College left the ACC in the future(i don't think it's out of the question with how poor BC athletics is)who would y'all want to be invited into the ACC to take their place? Here are five teams that i think would be good replacements for Boston College(Not necessarily in this order):

1)South Florida
2)UCF
3)Memphis
4)Temple
5)West Virginia

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Boston College left the ACC in the future(i don't think it's out of the question with how poor BC athletics is)who would y'all want to be invited into the ACC to take their place? Here are five teams that i think would be good replacements for Boston College(Not necessarily in this order):

1)South Florida
2)UCF
3)Memphis
4)Temple
5)West Virginia
Like Vanderbilt in the SEC, money is the reason BC won't leave the ACC. If you want an answer I would not want any of those 5.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

1)South Florida
2)UCF
3)Memphis
4)Temple
5)West Virginia

No reason for BC to leave the conference...that'd screw me up for local coverage on our games up here in Boston! I like being able to find the occasional game on NESN.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

1)South Florida
2)UCF
3)Memphis
4)Temple
5)West Virginia

You may want to review the conversation starting with this similar post:
If BC and Syracuse did make the decision to leave the ACC who would you want to replace them? I think South Florida and West Virginia would be good replacements.

Fwiw, if you want to talk about adding teams to the ACC, none from your list really fits the academic profile of the ACC (besides Louisville)

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

Fwiw, if you want to talk about adding teams to the ACC, none from your list really fits the academic profile of the ACC (besides Louisville)
The only two that probably would meet the academic profile of the ACC right now in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast area would be Vanderbilt and Tulane.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

The ACC has an academic profile? NC State, Clemson, FSU and Louisville say hello.