2017 Offseason Thread

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Why would they give up the B1G bucks?
Good point but I think it would be tiring to be 1-11 or 2-10 for a decade or longer.;) They will stay in the B-12 however:p On another subject I could see Syracuse and Boston College leaving the ACC sometime in the future when they get tired of pretty much being ignored(pretty much like Maryland). I could see them in the American Athletic Conference sometime in the future.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Good point but I think it would be tiring to be 1-11 or 2-10 for a decade or longer.;) They will stay in the B-12 however:p On another subject I could see Syracuse and Boston College leaving the ACC sometime in the future when they get tired of pretty much being ignored(pretty much like Maryland). I could see them in the American Athletic Conference sometime in the future.
you're insane. No one will ever willingly give up being a P5

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
On another subject I could see Syracuse and Boston College leaving the ACC sometime in the future when they get tired of pretty much being ignored(pretty much like Maryland). I could see them in the American Athletic Conference sometime in the future.

I would think the dramatic money difference would mitigate that type of move.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I would think the dramatic money difference would mitigate that type of move.

Absolutely, at least now they can see the light at the end of the tunnel...it'd be a huge waste to go back down a level now. The time to make a smart, rational decision was before they put all their eggs in the Big 10 basket.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely, at least now they can see the light at the end of the tunnel...it'd be a huge waste to go back down a level now. The time to make a smart, rational decision was before they put all their eggs in the Big 10 basket.
If BC and Syracuse did make the decision to leave the ACC who would you want to replace them? I think South Florida and West Virginia would be good replacements.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Syracuse will never leave. They are a basketball first school, playing against Duke, UNC, LVille, Virginia, ND is way too much of a draw... Boston college has really fallen on hard times.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Also the Dawgs are getting back in the swing of things

UGA receiver arrested late Saturday night

#SpringPractice
The AJC article had an interesting tidbit. I wonder what Ridley meant by this: "During that time, “Ridley explained that he was an athlete and he requested to call someone to help the traffic stop ‘go a whole lot smoother,’ ” the officer wrote."

Seems a bit suspect to me...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/u...e-during-traffic-stop/cMacjRCt7Kfd9mYAKAATXJ/

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
The AJC article had an interesting tidbit. I wonder what Ridley meant by this: "During that time, “Ridley explained that he was an athlete and he requested to call someone to help the traffic stop ‘go a whole lot smoother,’ ” the officer wrote."

Seems a bit suspect to me...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/u...e-during-traffic-stop/cMacjRCt7Kfd9mYAKAATXJ/
I assume he's talking about the "Director of Player Wellness" Bryant Gantt, who has been with the program full-time since 2011 after 19 years as a legal assistant and investigator in an Athens law firm, and in other words hired to help cut down on arrests and get players out of trouble when they've gotten themselves into it - or at least reduce the penalties given - and advising players during arrests and before court cases. Here's a quick write-up of what he does: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/the-georgia-football-teams-liaison-to-law-enforcement

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UGA's Brice Ramsey transferring to GT?!

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-UGA-QB-makes-his-decision-51766322

"I will never look back on my time at UGA with regrets, I have loved every minute of my time here. However I understand the meaning of living life with no regrets so after a talk with my family over spring break I have decided to try and play my last year at another INSTITUTION. "

Of course, he could be talking about MIT. :)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I was looking at the season ticket renewal video and I gotta give it to Qua. I never realized how hard of a hit he took on that catch he made at mid field. He's not a "big" guy. Most "running backs" would've dropped that the second they got hit in the back like that. That was just as big of a play as the TD run he had. He drops that. Who knows if we win. I'm ready for Labor Day dammit!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Don't hold your breath!

That was a joke.

But, an interesting tidbit about Brice Ramsey: He ran the Wing-T in HS. He's pretty good with the ball in his hands. Honestly, he should have gone to a school with an offense like Clemson or Ohio State instead of a "pro style" offensive scheme.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

"I will never look back on my time at UGA with regrets, I have loved every minute of my time here. However I understand the meaning of living life with no regrets so after a talk with my family over spring break I have decided to try and play my last year at another INSTITUTION. "

He could be talking about a Prison;)

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

We already have a baller punter coming in :)