2017 Coaching Carousel

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Up here in Tennessee it seems like the next candidates for the UT head coaching job are Chad Morris,Auburn DC Kevin Steele(Kevin Steele is 59 and His record at Baylor was 9-36) and Lane Kiffin. UT has talked to Chad Morris(Who Guided SMU to a 7-5 record this season and has a 14-22 coaching record)and Kevin Steele but not Lane Kiffin. Chad Morris has done a good job at SMU considering their football program has been a nuclear waste dump. If I were Tennessee I would take a chance on Art Briles.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man, I'll leave it at this: Given all the openings this year for a 'great head coach", the only school that pursued Schiano is the one school you admit has no clue what they're doing, Tennessee.

Don't see any other schools beating down his door to head their program.

You've got a great point, honestly. I'm not defending TN here but it's not like Greg has AD's lined up to speak to him.

On TN, it's time for the AD to just go young. The established coaches are just using their opening for leverage at this point.

Give the double-middle to the fans. They're gonna whine/complain no matter what. Likely his job is on the line regardless.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
You've got a great point, honestly. I'm not defending TN here but it's not like Greg has AD's lined up to speak to him.

On TN, it's time for the AD to just go young. The established coaches are just using their opening for leverage at this point.

Give the double-middle to the fans. They're gonna whine/complain no matter what. Likely his job is on the line regardless.
I think Currie is going to have to fall on his sword for this and he will be gone before the start of the 2018 football season. I think the real diamond in the rough for Tennessee is James Madison head coach Mike Houston who is 25-1 at JMU and 294-210-4 overall.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea but he's got some Penn State ties. I heard a rumor from a coach that coached under Joe Pa that he once heard a rumor about another coach that heard a rumor that he may have witness something during his time at Penn State even though it doesn't sync up with any known timeline. That Mississippi State team just hired a child rapist enabler.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Weird hire, if true ...

You must have missed my earlier post in this thread. Don't be pulling no double post like you do to Cuse and DTM over there in bball forum!

Anyhow, that is a FANTASTIC hire. I've been beating the Moorhead drum for 2 years now. MSU hit a grand slam with that one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
According to 990 AM WNML in Knoxville Tennessee has finalized a deal with Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm for 4.9 million dollars and a buyout of 5.9 million

Seriously, if UT gets Brohm, no matter how much they overpaid, the AD just pulled a straight flush out of Phillip Fulmer's @ss. Brohm would have been a home run hire even before the Schiano fiasco. Brohm is Petrino without all the slime and lice. Kids will line up to play in that offense.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
There is a civil war going on in the Tennessee athletic department between two factions of boosters one of which is controlled by Jimmy Haslam and Peyton Manning is his puppet because he wants to be GM of the Cleveland Browns. The word is Dave Doeren the head coach of NCSU will be hired tonight or tomorrow as head football coach of Tennessee. From what I've read if a head football coach isn't hired tomorrow Tennessee AD John Currie will be fired.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There is a civil war going on in the Tennessee athletic department between two factions of boosters one of which is controlled by Jimmy Haslam and Peyton Manning is his puppet because he wants to be GM of the Cleveland Browns. The word is Dave Doeren the head coach of NCSU will be hired tonight or tomorrow as head football coach of Tennessee. From what I've read if a head football coach isn't hired tomorrow Tennessee AD John Currie will be fired.

If I'm Currie, I quit now. No one would blame him