2017 Coaching Carousel

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tee has no head coaching experience and that is the reason he's not been talked to. I've also read where Peyton Manning doesn't like him and that's why he's not been talked to. It's rumored that PM hates TM because Tee won a National Championship and he didn't.

Tee Martin has no head coaching experience, but he's been part of big programs and would rally the fans. He's one of the best recruiters in college football. At this point, I'd take him over Dave Doeren. Seriously, Doeren hasn't done anything worth mentioning at NC State you want to hire him to coach in the SEC? I'd take Schiano over Doeren and I thought Schiano was a bad hire for UT in the first place.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tee Martin has no head coaching experience, but he's been part of big programs and would rally the fans. He's one of the best recruiters in college football. At this point, I'd take him over Dave Doeren. Seriously, Doeren hasn't done anything worth mentioning at NC State you want to hire him to coach in the SEC? I'd take Schiano over Doeren and I thought Schiano was a bad hire for UT in the first place.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Tennessee fans on Volnation were talking among themselves asking whether Tennessee should hire Mike Riley.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There's a rumor that Tee Martin interviewed for the Georgia Southern head coaching job and was turned down. If that's true it was stupid of Georgia Southern.

When did that supposedly happen? Sorry, GS has been hiring/firing head coaches like every 2-3 years so I've lost track.

Not necessarily stupid on their part. What if the dude came in totally unprepared assuming they'd just be wow'd by his presence? Granted, that's how I've gotten every job I've ever interviewed for (well that and my swanky GT degree :cool:) but it's pretty obvious Martin has his sights on bigger jobs than GS. Maybe they got the impression that it'd be a 1-year job-hop for him?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
When did that supposedly happen? Sorry, GS has been hiring/firing head coaches like every 2-3 years so I've lost track.

Not necessarily stupid on their part. What if the dude came in totally unprepared assuming they'd just be wow'd by his presence? Granted, that's how I've gotten every job I've ever interviewed for (well that and my swanky GT degree :cool:) but it's pretty obvious Martin has his sights on bigger jobs than GS. Maybe they got the impression that it'd be a 1-year job-hop for him?
Good points you make,KG!;) I've read rumors that he's been red flagged in the past concerning sexual activities with coeds:eek::rolleyes: