2017 Bowl Projections

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Shreveport and the Independence Bowl would be a lot warmer than Yankee Stadium and the Pinstripe Bowl.
Being warmer in Shreveport vs florida to me is no comparison.
Let me rephrase my point.
I'd rather play in a cold new York city than a warm Shreveport.
But prefer Florida over either destination.
Would even do music city over Shreveport.
Just get a bowl.....the rest will fall into place

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Being warmer in Shreveport vs florida to me is no comparison.
Let me rephrase my point.
I'd rather play in a cold new York city than a warm Shreveport.
But prefer Florida over either destination.
Would even do music city over Shreveport.
Just get a bowl.....the rest will fall into place
;)(y) If I had to pick i'd rather beat UGAG and go to the Belk or Music City Bowls;)(y)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think GT and Navy face each other in the quickest bowl played in history. Can you imagine? Damned game will be over, while most bowls are just starting the 4th qtr. :)
that game might fit my wife's expectations for how long a football game should last. "Is the game over? Did we win?" "Babe it's only half time..."

Jmonty71

Banned
Using logic... We are the 5th placed team in the ACC. Whether we all agree or not. We beat VT and beat Wake. Both of those wins, will help. Using the current tiers. We will end up in the Camping World Bowl or Music City. I think the Belk would take Wake over us. Just because they have a long history or taking NC teams. If we beat Duke and lose to Ugag... Music City is about right. If we beat Duke and Ugag.. I think the Camping World bowl is as high as it gets. Reason... The Orange Bowl will pick the Clemson/Miami loser... No brainer.... We may get in the Citrus Bowl.. But, there is the whole Big 10 question.. I think the Citrus will take a Penn St / Ohio State over us.

So... using logic. I think we will end up in the Camping World Bowl. Us against TCU maybe... Maybe Iowa State.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Using logic... We are the 5th placed team in the ACC. Whether we all agree or not. We beat VT and beat Wake. Both of those wins, will help. Using the current tiers. We will end up in the Camping World Bowl or Music City. I think the Belk would take Wake over us. Just because they have a long history or taking NC teams. If we beat Duke and lose to Ugag... Music City is about right. If we beat Duke and Ugag.. I think the Camping World bowl is as high as it gets. Reason... The Orange Bowl will pick the Clemson/Miami loser... No brainer.... We may get in the Citrus Bowl.. But, there is the whole Big 10 question.. I think the Citrus will take a Penn St / Ohio State over us.

So... using logic. I think we will end up in the Camping World Bowl. Us against TCU maybe... Maybe Iowa State.
I think the Music City Bowl and Belk Bowl is more likely if GT finishes 7-4. I think Virginia Tech if they finish 9-3 will go to the Camping World Bowl against West Virginia

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the Music City Bowl and Belk Bowl is more likely if GT finishes 7-4. I think Virginia Tech if they finish 9-3 will go to the Camping World Bowl against West Virginia
Don't the bowl selections sort of try to shy away from rematches... not just from same season; but previous bowl matchups? ...or am I imagining such stuff?

Seems like matchups like this won't happen in 2017
Ga Tech v Kentucky (rematch of last year's bowl)
Va Tech v WVU (rematch of opening weekend of this year)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Don't the bowl selections sort of try to shy away from rematches... not just from same season; but previous bowl matchups? ...or am I imagining such stuff?

Seems like matchups like this won't happen in 2017
Ga Tech v Kentucky (rematch of last year's bowl)
Va Tech v WVU (rematch of opening weekend of this year)
Texas Tech could wind up in the Camping World Bowl against VT if a rematch isn't wanted by the Camping World Bowl folks.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There are still several key games that could determine who's in the CFP. That will affect the bowl match-ups as much as our record.

Oklahoma still has to play West Virginia. A loss to WV could create a 4-way tie for the Big 12 title and likely mean none of them make the playoff.

The B1G East is in the same shape. If Michigan beats Ohio St, and the chances are really good the others win out, it would create a 4-way tie. I doubt any of these teams will make the playoffs but how they finish could affect the B1G bowl pecking order. Wisconsin also has to play Michigan. Iowa was only the second team they have played with a winning record. I think it is doubtful they can beat the East champ, no matter who it is. The B1G could get shut out of the CFP completely if Wisconsin loses to Michigan or the B1G CG.

I may be wrong, but I think the Pac-12 will be left out of the CFP.

The ACC and SEC still have two teams each, maybe three for the SEC. Could Auburn get in with wins over Bama and uga? Does uga still have a chance if they win out? It's hard to imagine Bama not winning out, but they have to play at Auburn and then the SECCG in Atlanta.

What happens to the ACC bowl alignment if Clemson and Miami are both in the CFP? Does the #3 team get the Orange Bowl?