2017 acc predictions

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny how guys resign/are asked to leave conveniently a week or two AFTER signing day (Chizik & the asst. UGA coach for example). Makes business sense...but you have to wonder how recruits feel if they signed their 4 years away and didn't see moves coming

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Athlon Early 2017 ACC Football Predictions

Atlantic Division

1)FSU
2)Clemson
3)Louisville
4)NCSU
5)Wake Forest
6)Syracuse
7)Boston College

Coastal Division

1)Miami
2)Virginia Tech
3)Georgia Tech
4)Pitt
5)North Carolina
6)Duke
7)Virginia

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/early-acc-football-predictions-2017

Surprisingly this is exactly how I would rate it. Preseason predictions are absolutely worthless for the most part. The only thing I am fairly confident of is that "DA U" will not sit atop the Coastal as they are predicted to what seems like EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Mark Richt-coached-teams are the king of Pre-season hype. Rarely do they live up to it...although this is the lowly ACC we're talking about

Deleted member 2897

Surprisingly this is exactly how I would rate it. Preseason predictions are absolutely worthless for the most part. The only thing I am fairly confident of is that "DA U" will not sit atop the Coastal as they are predicted to what seems like EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Mark Richt-coached-teams are the king of Pre-season hype. Rarely do they live up to it...although this is the lowly ACC we're talking about

I agree, that is a very defensible order across the board.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
As was said, "da U" always seems to get a lot of pre-season hype.
The difference this time around might be Mark Richt, barring the situation in Athens, I think he's a pretty good coach ... we'll see.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
As was said, "da U" always seems to get a lot of pre-season hype.
The difference this time around might be Mark Richt, barring the situation in Athens, I think he's a pretty good coach ... we'll see.
I think Da U goes 9-3 but that will only get them 3rd place in the ACC Coastal Division and probably an invitation to play Kentucky,Tennessee or Georgia in the Belk Bowl.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think Da U goes 9-3 but that will only get them 3rd place in the ACC Coastal Division and probably an invitation to play Kentucky,Tennessee or Georgia in the Belk Bowl.

I'm not sure exactly why, it's probably mostly because he never rubbed me the wrong way like some of the other clowns over there.
But, without much data to back it up I think he has the chance to do good things in Miami.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We're seeing that u[sic]ga recruits itself. Richt was only coach who recruited that well without national success.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
We're seeing that u[sic]ga recruits itself. Richt was only coach who recruited that well without national success.
I don't think Kirby Smart will have success at UGA. I don't think he'll do any better than 7-8 wins a season which will probably result in his firing after 3 seasons. Kirby to me doesn't have a lot of coaching ability and talent can't coach itself.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Kirby Smart will have success at UGA. I don't think he'll do any better than 7-8 wins a season which will probably result in his firing after 3 seasons. Kirby to me doesn't have a lot of coaching ability and talent can't coach itself.

KS-CS.jpg

Jmonty71

Banned
Here are my predictions for the 2017 season. Keep in mind, this is using my head and not my heart.

1)FSU
2)Clemson
3)Louisville
4)NCSU
5)Syracuse
6)Wake Forrest
7)Boston College

Coastal Division

1)Pitt
2)VT
3)GT
4)Miami
5)North Carolina
6)Virginia
7)Duke

I think BC and Duke anchor the bottom, in each division. I think FSU edges Clemson. Pitt really looks good. VT lost very few people. Miami....meh... Toss up.. They have better talent, but still undisciplined. Depends on how we play against them. I think we win and win the tie breaker. Otherwise, our records will be the same. I don't see us beating VT or Pitt. However; most games are winnable. I think we win 7-8 games. Expecting anything else, would be unrealistic.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Here are my predictions for the 2017 season. Keep in mind, this is using my head and not my heart.

1)FSU
2)Clemson
3)Louisville
4)NCSU
5)Syracuse
6)Wake Forrest
7)Boston College

Coastal Division

1)Pitt
2)VT
3)GT
4)Miami
5)North Carolina
6)Virginia
7)Duke

I think BC and Duke anchor the bottom, in each division. I think FSU edges Clemson. Pitt really looks good. VT lost very few people. Miami....meh... Toss up.. They have better talent, but still undisciplined. Depends on how we play against them. I think we win and win the tie breaker. Otherwise, our records will be the same. I don't see us beating VT or Pitt. However; most games are winnable. I think we win 7-8 games. Expecting anything else, would be unrealistic.

We play both VT and Pitt at home we can win those two games. Miami and Clemson are away and we don't fair very well there. But we have Sat. off before a Thur. night game in Miami.

Except for all the teams with week off before playing us, we have a pretty favorable schedule. I think we will make the ACCCG, which will give us a great chance for championship.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck

uga is on a knife blade IMO right now. If Kirby follows up last year with losses to GT, UF, UT, and AU, then he loses the players and the fans. A couple of bad bounces or key injuries, and he's there even with uga's talent. His third year would just be a formality while uga looked for their next coach. It might only take a loss to GT and no SEC East title for him to be thrown under the bus. If Kirby falls within the next two to three years, then uga will be on a downward spiral that will be hard to break.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
uga is on a knife blade IMO right now. If Kirby follows up last year with losses to GT, UF, UT, and AU, then he loses the players and the fans. A couple of bad bounces or key injuries, and he's there even with uga's talent. His third year would just be a formality while uga looked for their next coach. It might only take a loss to GT and no SEC East title for him to be thrown under the bus. If Kirby falls within the next two to three years, then uga will be on a downward spiral that will be hard to break.
It's would be sweet for GT to get Kirby Not Too Smart fired by beating UGAG two seasons in a row;):cool:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ray Goof never in his head coaching career looked as lost as Kirby does every week of the football season.
Based on one game only -- against GT -- he was in fact one lost puppy on that sideline. Must be a trip when Georgia plays Kentucky & Stoops. For a long time Clemson used its weight coach to restrain Venables from walking all the way out to midfield to coach 'em up, and might still, but those two might need assistants to show them where to stand.