2017 acc predictions

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I don't like to predict us, but I will say VT and UM will be the two we must beat to win our side. The Louisville/FSU winner on the other side.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
As always, to be a champion in the Coastal you have to beat Miami and Virginia Tech. This division should have been named "Chaos" instead of Coastal because that is what it usually ends up being. What we will do depends upon quarterback and the defense. If we get good play from those two we should be a contender.

Jmonty71

Banned
Ok so now we can rule out Miami for winning the Coastal
Pretty accurate. The favorite seems to NEVER win. Historically, it's been between VT and GT. Honestly, I think that will hold true, next year. UNC is too streaky. Miami has talent, but lots of questions. I heard many U fans say that the new QB throws too many INTs. We'll see.... Only time will tell.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
What is MORE important than Athlon's early predictions is the reality of the past thirty (30) days:

Miami had their QB Brad Kayaa and RB declare early for the NFL Draft;

The Tar Heels had their QB Trabibski and RB Elijah Woods declare early for the NFL Draft; and

VT had their QB and Tall WR declare for the NFL as underclassmen.

I'll be more than happy to keep GT flying well under the Radar!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It'll be interesting. Us, Miami, and VT could all very well end up 5-3 in conference with one of our losses to the Atlantic. Could setup for an interesting tie breaker scenario.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
It'll be interesting. Us, Miami, and VT could all very well end up 5-3 in conference with one of our losses to the Atlantic. Could setup for an interesting tie breaker scenario.
I think GT knocks around VT while losing to Miami and Clemson on the road. 6-2 in the ACC should win the ACC Coastal over 6-2 VT by tiebreaker and 5-3 Miami by a full game.

Jmonty71

Banned
My buddy at ESPN said that they all but stopped on trying to figure the ACC Coastal out. He said it was the most unpredictable division in all of college football. However; he is thinking that Pitt will be a team to beat, along with VT. He says Miami will be his 3rd team. But, because JT is gone. He has GT at 5th. But, in his words. GT can go anywhere from 2nd to 5th, in his opinion. He said it really depends on how better the defense gets.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My buddy at ESPN said that they all but stopped on trying to figure the ACC Coastal out. He said it was the most unpredictable division in all of college football. However; he is thinking that Pitt will be a team to beat, along with VT. He says Miami will be his 3rd team. But, because JT is gone. He has GT at 5th. But, in his words. GT can go anywhere from 2nd to 5th, in his opinion. He said it really depends on how better the defense gets.
Agree. Outside Virginia, every team in the Coastal can beat each other. It's a crap shoot.

Deleted member 2897

Agree. Outside Virginia, every team in the Coastal can beat each other. It's a crap shoot.

This is why the crappy schedule that we got matters so much. The line between winning and losing is always razor thin with us on a couple games each year. And the difference between another team having an extra week to get healthy and prepare could easily be the difference. Over the last several years, when we've had a bye week before playing someone but they didn't, we are undefeated. It is an undeniable advantage.

Depending on how it plays out with UVA and Duke, all seven teams in the coastal could be playing new quarterbacks this year.

Despite how electric Justin Thomas was, a new quarterback brings with it different types of plays with us. We may not miss a beat. Or we could have fumble fingers, a limited playbook, and have a long season.