2017 acc predictions

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually saved the link on my phone to the 2016 Athlon preseason rankings and looked at them this morning after seeing their latest prediction. Surprisingly their preseason vs final standings were pretty accurate. They do throw out the disclaimer this year that they basically can't call it between us, vt and mia for the top spot in the Coastal. These are always taken with a grain of salt, although I was actually impressed that they had done enough recent research to see that klock wasn't returning.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If Jordan can complete some passes, the OLine stays healthy and Mills stays in his dorm and out of trouble I see us going 6-2 in the conference. Depending on how the schedule lays out. I think our L's come @ Clemson and @ Miami.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
If Jordan can complete some passes, the OLine stays healthy and Mills stays in his dorm and out of trouble I see us going 6-2 in the conference. Depending on how the schedule lays out. I think our L's come @ Clemson and @ Miami.

Staying in his dorm may be a bad thing.....

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think we are in good shape going into 2017. Injuries can always change things, but we have an experienced team coming back. Jordan will have more experience than a lot of the starting QBs in the ACC. I like our chances.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We can win the ACC. Screw the naysayers. JMO.

fwiw, flea77, GT seems to do better historically when expectations are low. IMO, it's better to be ignored. If we all had a nickel for every time the U or UNC has been picked to win the Coastal....

Woodstock

Georgia Tech Fan
I can't see how so many pick the Clemson game as a certain loss. Historically a low or unranked Tech team has done quite well against the Tiggers.

BTW, after the doggies (lone) championship in 1980, the next year Clempson handed them their first defeat. After the Jackets won the 1990 natty, the next year the teams first loss was against Clemsun. After those other Tigers from Auburn won the MNC in 2010, Clem's son was first to defeat them the next year. The 2001 Oklahoma team saved themselves from a similar fate by artful scheduling.

I predict that Clemson's victory tour is going to end, next year, when the Ramblin' Reck comes to town!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can't see how so many pick the Clemson game as a certain loss. Historically a low or unranked Tech team has done quite well against the Tiggers.

BTW, after the doggies (lone) championship in 1980, the next year Clempson handed them their first defeat. After the Jackets won the 1990 natty, the next year the teams first loss was against Clemsun. After those other Tigers from Auburn won the MNC in 2010, Clem's son was first to defeat them the next year. The 2001 Oklahoma team saved themselves from a similar fate by artful scheduling.

I predict that Clemson's victory tour is going to end, next year, when the Ramblin' Reck comes to town!
Tech's first loss in 1991 was to Penn State.