2015 Warmest Year on Record

Deleted member 2897

A quick google of Investors.com found this...
af07ea5f4165d6a9d6bf546799cbf11e.png

That people you don't agree with politically point to a study doesn't have anything to do with the price of rice in China. Here is a link to the actual study:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13143-017-0070-z

Rather than throw stones at the people who are discussing the study, how about you throw some stones at the actual study? I'll be waiting...

LibertyTurns

Banned
A quick google of Investors.com found this...
af07ea5f4165d6a9d6bf546799cbf11e.png
As a guy that has profited immensely from investors.com I can tell you that you all can disregard whatever you want from them but I’m going to keep chugging along. I’ve put 2 kids thru college with these guys plus the help of Schwab & a fairly well known money management firm run by a Tech Grad. I’ll listen to them any day over some CNN/MSNBC/BBC or NY/LA Times flunky that can’t even keep his story straight from one minute to the next. What’s sad is Fox News started out as a reliable source of information but over the last decade has declined to the point they’re as bad as the other news sources. WSJ is probably the last remaining place to get any kind of decent news, but the disease is spreading to them as well. It’s likely this next generation will be stuck with a toss up between cartoons or a YouTube video made by some Neanderthal as their primary source of information because all the big boys are floundering. You can’t drain the swamp fast enough because all the big media money is fighting tooth & nail protecting their turf along with the grimy politicians in DC & elsewhere.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
https://www.investors.com/politics/...ts-doubt-on-medias-climate-change-fairy-tale/

"Another Global Warming Study Casts Doubt On Media's Climate Change Fairy Tale"

One especially interesting piece of information to me was that in the last 140 years, the total temperature increase over that entire period is 1.1 degree Celsius. I mean, that is such an inconsequential amount. I don't know how you get armageddon level of panic off of 1.1 degrees over 140 years.

Well actually. A 1.1 degree C mean increase can have a fairly substantial impact on quality of life globally. Less disease, increased agricultural production thus less starvation. :sneaky:

Apparently it's just the 2 degree increase that's so disastrous and will lead to a runaway greenhouse effect and wildly abnormal weather patterns and heat stroked polar bears. According to the prophet Al Gore. :cigar:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Well actually. A 1.1 degree C mean increase can have a fairly substantial impact on quality of life globally. Less disease, increased agricultural production thus less starvation. :sneaky:

Apparently it's just the 2 degree increase that's so disastrous and will lead to a runaway greenhouse effect and wildly abnormal weather patterns and heat stroked polar bears. According to the prophet Al Gore. :cigar:

The thing I never really get an answer for is it was 2 degrees warmer during the Roman times, 2,000 years ago than now. So why didn't we get the runaway greenhouse effect then? There should have been a LOT of methane released when it was much warmer back then.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The thing I never really get an answer for is it was 2 degrees warmer during the Roman times, 2,000 years ago than now. So why didn't we get the runaway greenhouse effect then? There should have been a LOT of methane released when it was much warmer back then.

The threat of a runaway greenhouse effect is scientifically ludicrous. And to be fair even alarmists don't pose this as an actual threat. They just pose a myriad of other global catastrophes as imminent; like massive coastal flooding around the globe, the complete melting of ice sheets, and other rubbish.

What confuses me so much is the faith in the global weather models. None have ever accurately predicted future weather. But they are still used to this day and utilized to garner alarm and social change / reallocation of wealth and power. And the sheeple never question the failed models and proponents of same. They just stammer "scientific consensus" and ignore the false data.

Deleted member 2897

The threat of a runaway greenhouse effect is scientifically ludicrous. And to be fair even alarmists don't pose this as an actual threat. They just pose a myriad of other global catastrophes as imminent; like massive coastal flooding around the globe, the complete melting of ice sheets, and other rubbish.

What confuses me so much is the faith in the global weather models. None have ever accurately predicted future weather. But they are still used to this day and utilized to garner alarm and social change / reallocation of wealth and power. And the sheeple never question the failed models and proponents of same. They just stammer "scientific consensus" and ignore the false data.

Our local weather station does a temperature prediction for the following day. If they are within 6 degrees (+/- 3), they give $100 to a local charity. They are only right each month about 2/3 of the time. Think about that. Only having to predict the temperature one day in advance within 6 degrees, and they're only right 2/3 of the time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Deleted member 2897

Right on cue, Al Gore claims bitter cold and heavy snow is exactly what you'd expect with Global Warming. LOL. Meanwhile, our average temperature where I live is 36 degrees colder so far this year than last year. That fact is just as equally worthless scientifically.

Deleted member 2897

Yea Gore and Mann, both experts on the climate, said this storm was "exactly what you'd predict". Yet 1 week ago, neither of them warned us that this storm was coming. They didn't and couldn't predict it. They are both idiots.

My local news weather team does a "3 degree guarantee" every day (+/- 3 degrees = 6 degree range) and if they're within the range, a company gives $100 to a charity. With 1 day's advance notice, they are only able to predict the next day's temperature WITHIN 6 DEGREES about two-thirds of the time. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yea Gore and Mann, both experts on the climate, said this storm was "exactly what you'd predict". Yet 1 week ago, neither of them warned us that this storm was coming. They didn't and couldn't predict it. They are both idiots.

True. But crafty enough to attempt to claim any “unusual” weather pattern as proof of AGW. If it’s a drought, AGW, if it’s a flood, AGW, heat wave, AGW, cold snap, AGW, blizzard, AGW, big hurricane or busy hurricane season, AGW, nor’easter, AGW, large lake affect snow, AGW......

The one consistent on this planet for millennia is chaotic weather. They have succeeded, for the most part (morons in media and government education propagating) in attaching their alarmist theory to that one weather constant. Chaotic weather. People are starting to wise up finally as it just doesn’t compute with history or current reality if looked at objectively.