2015 Warmest Year on Record

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That's probably not even 5% of what he burned. Remember he flies private charter jets everywhere. 1 single flight can generate enough CO2 for a lifetime of a car. And he was a jet setter.

That will make for interesting theatre during the case if it ever goes to court. Imagine having to answer that - if you're accusing oil companies of essentially providing the guns that people used to commit murder, then Arnold Schwarzenegger killed tons and tons of people with the weapon. I can just see the "I couldn't help myself" defense.

He will claim ignorance. Which is actually a pretty good defense for himself 20 years ago and today as well.

Deleted member 2897

I just read an article on CNN that explained how global warming is causing much worse winter weather in the northeast. Which reminds me of another one I read not too far back that said the lack of bad winter weather in the northeast was caused by global warming. What a strange religion.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lol. Climate news. I read another one recently ...CNN maybe...that discussed using satellites to measure rising sea levels instead of more traditional tide gauges. The satellite data they claimed to be more accurate of course indicated more rise than the tide gauges.

Deleted member 2897

Lol. Climate news. I read another one recently ...CNN maybe...that discussed using satellites to measure rising sea levels instead of more traditional tide gauges. The satellite data they claimed to be more accurate of course indicated more rise than the tide gauges.

I live on the coast in SC. We are sinking 3 inches per decade. Of course that’s translated into sea level rise, LOL.

Deleted member 2897

I thought there was a different thread for this. Some promising research on large scale battery storage that is not Lithium based.
Need something good to make Solar more attractive to taking on a larger percentage of the grid. Would be very helpful for wind farms as well.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180314120221.htm

Everything seems to have a problem. Note due to the chemicals involved, this is only suitable for industrial uses and not for homes. I sure hope one day people can come up with technologies that don't require the government to basically subsidize two-thirds of the cost. I looked at solar panels for my house not too long ago, and the break even point was over 7 years. When the average time a person lives in a home is 7 years, that doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons. And that's AFTER massive tax credits that reduced the cost by about 40%.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Technology will eventually provide a solution but it’s folly to say the answer to “clean energy” currently exists on a scale to provide same to the masses.

Deleted member 2897

NOAA periodically adjusts 'raw' temperature numbers for a variety of reasons. The sum total of the additional temperature corrections on top of the raw reading is nearly 2.5 degrees now. FRAUD.

2018_03_20_05_47_24.png

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
NOAA periodically adjusts 'raw' temperature numbers for a variety of reasons. The sum total of the additional temperature corrections on top of the raw reading is nearly 2.5 degrees now. FRAUD.

2018_03_20_05_47_24.png
If these stations are land based, if anything they should be adjusted lower not higher due to the typical increased building construction around them. (Removal of trees, farms, grass, open areas)

Deleted member 2897

Here is an article picking up on the adjustments of raw data:
https://www.investors.com/politics/...stical-fraud-behind-the-global-warming-scare/

Here is essentially the rebuttal if you want to read that too:
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ure-adjustments-bring-data-closer-to-pristine

The issue here is right in front of NOAA - they are trying to adjust older temperature measuring locations that have known 'issues' (older technology, cities have closed in around them, etc.) to match 'pristine' data trends from measuring devices located out away from everything. Thats a ridiculous undertaking. You should NEVER correct raw data that has been used in thousands of studies and analysis over the years...and certainly not because some measuring device hundreds of miles away tells you to, LOL. AND, they're not just 'correcting' the raw data since the 'pristine' measuring devices were put in place, but they're correcting them all the way back through the historical record...when they had no clue what any 'pristine' devices would have recorded. Another example of our Federal Government being completely out of control. And I haven't even gotten to the question of how much it costs to have thousands of temperature measuring devices around the world sending data every 2 seconds to a satellite network. ;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bad data in bad data out. They can claim they are adjusting for biases but it’s still just making up data.

If changes were made to make data at a station suspect at some point in time you should not attempt to guess a correction. You should simply not use that suspect data at all.

There is not much science being utilized in scientific study anymore.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bad data in bad data out. They can claim they are adjusting for biases but it’s still just making up data.

If changes were made to make data at a station suspect at some point in time you should not attempt to guess a correction. You should simply not use that suspect data at all.

There is not much science being utilized in scientific study anymore.
You just don’t understand new math. 3 + 5 = something between -50 and 200

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
During a chilly April in New York City...mostly in the low 40s this month...a prominent NY attorney committed suicide by self emulation to bring attention to AGW.

Granted he did so on the 2nd hottest day of the month in the 70s which followed the hottest day in low 80s....only to see the temps fall back to the low 40s again.

Been a pretty cold winter and spring. Probably would have made more of a statement if he had waited for summer. Unless it proves to be mild of course.

Deleted member 2897

During a chilly April in New York City...mostly in the low 40s this month...a prominent NY attorney committed suicide by self emulation to bring attention to AGW.

Granted he did so on the 2nd hottest day of the month in the 70s which followed the hottest day in low 80s....only to see the temps fall back to the low 40s again.

Been a pretty cold winter and spring. Probably would have made more of a statement if he had waited for summer. Unless it proves to be mild of course.

People will do anything for their religion.

Deleted member 2897

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/04/17/dying-gulf-stream-may-trigger-global-nightmare.print.html

Not sure which part is funnier, the part where we act like we know what the Gulf Stream current speed was 1,500 years ago, or the fact that 2 studies cited in this news story vary by 340% of each other - with one saying the slowing current started 50 years ago and the other saying the slowing current started 170 years go. Oh but what's an error factor of 3.4x between friends?

But predictably, "both see human-influenced climate change as a cause". So what on God's green earth were we doing in 1850 that affected climate change enough to slow down the Gulf Stream? LOLOLOLOLOL. Our population was barely 15% of what it is now and we had essentially no industry or fossil fuel burning activities.