2015 Warmest Year on Record

Animal02

Banned
Well of course the biggest problem with this statement is that governments don’t all have their own weather stations all over the world.

The second biggest problem is that NOAA publishes all their data and has published that they’ve changed the raw data a couple times, saying the thermostats needed to be recalibrated. Miraculously, those changes increased temperatures in recent history but lowered them further back in time. It’s amazing all thermostats all over the world that needed to be recalibrated all suffered from the same trending issues.
Not to mention things like "hide the decline" not allowing access to the raw data, etc etc etc etc.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
None of the AGW alarmist models has ever been accurate.

Anyone that attempts to discredit scientists who weigh in on climate, because those scientists don’t have a “climatologist degree”, is a fraud straight up. Meteorology, astronomy, physics...all manner of focused sciences are valid in this discussion.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Can anybody recommend a link to an article by an anti-climate-crisis SCIENTIST? I would like to share it with one of the Kool Aid drinkers, whom I have known for 20 years.

I doubt there are many reputable scientists who would go on the record, even if they wanted to question the validity of man made climate change; it would be career suicide. Besides, everyone seems pretty entrenched in their beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt there are many reputable scientists who would go on the record, even if they wanted to question the validity of man made climate change; it would be career suicide. Besides, everyone seems pretty entrenched in their beliefs.

Surely there must be some papers by reputable scientists who put knowledge ahead of their fears of retribution. If not, then science is dead.

Deleted member 2897

Can anybody recommend a link to an article by an anti-climate-crisis SCIENTIST? I would like to share it with one of the Kool Aid drinkers, whom I have known for 20 years.

I would pull up some of the old presentations by GTs Judith Curry. She was pro-climate change, but anti-alarmism.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I thought about her, but I haven't checked. I was hoping for papers by scientists who are not pro-climate change. I know they are out there; it's just a matter of finding them.

You might want to start by looking at scholar opinions who are affiliated with the American Enterprise Institute...Kenneth Green and James Glassman. I found their names after reading an article by Mark Perry at AEI and then researching the background of the Institute. A Google search leads me to believe that they aren’t a bunch of nut jobs but you should probably dig deeper.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-s...st-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-3/

https://www.aei.org/profile/mark-j-perry/

You might want to start by looking at scholar opinions who are affiliated with the American Enterprise Institute...Kenneth Green and James Glassman. I found their names after reading an article by Mark Perry at AEI and then researching the background of the Institute. A Google search leads me to believe that they aren’t a bunch of nut jobs but you should probably dig deeper.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-s...st-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-3/

https://www.aei.org/profile/mark-j-perry/

Thanks. There may be other and perhaps better such links, but those are excellent ones to share with my friend. I will do so now.

Deleted member 2897

Unintended consequences of Green New Deal talk?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ge...l-urges-eating-babies-to-fight-climate-change

I don't know about this one. At first I thought that lady has to be a plant. No way someone would say that type of horse crap. But then nobody stood up to shut her down and AOC didn't really react either. In fact there is a mainstream view on the left all around population control and AOC herself has spoken about not having children to help the climate. I wanted to photoshop that room to put clown wigs and makeup on all of them. If anybody ever wondered how someone like AOC could get elected, you just need to take a look at that room and listen to what they say.

Animal02

Banned
I don't know about this one. At first I thought that lady has to be a plant. No way someone would say that type of horse crap. But then nobody stood up to shut her down and AOC didn't really react either. In fact there is a mainstream view on the left all around population control and AOC herself has spoken about not having children to help the climate. I wanted to photoshop that room to put clown wigs and makeup on all of them. If anybody ever wondered how someone like AOC could get elected, you just need to take a look at that room and listen to what they say.
AOC not having children will have no impact on the climate, but it will help the human Gene pool.:D

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

The lady probably just read Jonathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal”, didn’t realize it was satire and thought it applies to the current situation. But seriously, what is an appropriate reaction if you truly believe that the end is coming in a dozen years? Think of what would be happening if NASA told us that a meteor the size of China was going to strike the earth in a dozen years with 100% certainty. As the perceived consequences become more dire and chronologically closer, you can expect more and more of this.

Deleted member 2897

But seriously, what is an appropriate reaction if you truly believe that the end is coming in a dozen years?

I would get up in front of world leaders at the UN and berate them for not doing something (even though they can't force their citizens to do anything). I would act really mad and wave my arms wildly in the air. And I wouldn't fly over, so as to not look like a hypocrite. I would travel over in some boat to save emissions. It would be a state of the art, $10m boat made from petroleum products, because I need a nice place to stay, but I would just hope nobody would notice. And I would fly crew over and back, hoping also nobody would notice. Yes I realize my trip would create more emissions than most people generate in an entire year, but that's beside the point. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

GT_EE78

Banned
upload_2019-10-5_8-49-13.jpeg