2015 Warmest Year on Record

Animal02

Banned
I don't know about this one. At first I thought that lady has to be a plant. No way someone would say that type of horse crap. But then nobody stood up to shut her down and AOC didn't really react either. In fact there is a mainstream view on the left all around population control and AOC herself has spoken about not having children to help the climate. I wanted to photoshop that room to put clown wigs and makeup on all of them. If anybody ever wondered how someone like AOC could get elected, you just need to take a look at that room and listen to what they say.
Apparently was a plant.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Every one of those kids should be required to read the almost word-for-word claims by the "climate scientists" and politicians in the 70s, when they said the world would come to an end by 2000.....but not due to global warming, but global freezing, since they predicted a new Ice Age. It's just "deja vu all over again".

Animal02

Banned
72720933_2639176332807776_7617732847213740032_n.jpg

Sidewalking

Banned
Our state environmental agency just approved pulling 500 million gallons a year from the local pristine aquifer for Google to cool their data center equipment. Huh????? Little Greta with her iPhone and her streaming and her jet setting plane flights. She’s a tool.

Wow. At least utilizing it for farming has the benefit of actually feeding people. That's a horrible use of a natural resource but I'm sure it will save Google millions and the politicians will get a very nice cut.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Yet our liberal friends are....strangely silent. Why?

Do they support the idea that people they don't agree with should be fired? (This would make sense along with the desire to impeach Trump, so it is one possibility, I suppose.) I would love to hear from them on this one....c'mon @yrp, @Lotta Juice , etc....Thoughts?

Come on man. You sound like you could be leading in to a segment on Hannity or Tucker.

"TONIGHT ON HANNITY: LIBERALS, "STRANGELY SILENT" ON INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10PM AND 6AM. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING? ARE THEY ATTACKING CHRISTMAS DURING THESE HOURS?"

Probably just sleeping.

I'm certainly skeptical of how much of an effect the far left can have on universities and the quieting of dissenting voices if that's the response you're looking for. Some quick googling while I have my coffee and it looks like they just chose not to renew her adjunct professorship. And she was getting paid by a conservative climate change denying think tank that some considered a conflict of interest.

Come on man. You sound like you could be leading in to a segment on Hannity or Tucker.

"TONIGHT ON HANNITY: LIBERALS, "STRANGELY SILENT" ON INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10PM AND 6AM. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING? ARE THEY ATTACKING CHRISTMAS DURING THESE HOURS?"

Probably just sleeping.

I'm certainly skeptical of how much of an effect the far left can have on universities and the quieting of dissenting voices if that's the response you're looking for. Some quick googling while I have my coffee and it looks like they just chose not to renew her adjunct professorship. And she was getting paid by a conservative climate change denying think tank that some considered a conflict of interest.
WEAK response.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Probably just sleeping.

Dude, I’ll reply to the content later, but my request was a genuine ask.... there have been a number of scientists who have left the field and cited pressure as causative, so I was curious as to your thoughts.

more later....

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Dude, I’ll reply to the content later, but my request was a genuine ask.... there have been a number of scientists who have left the field and cited pressure as causative, so I was curious as to your thoughts.

more later....

That's fine if you have a genuine ask. And maybe I'm reading it or taking it in a way you didn't intend....but if you are making a genuine ask for a dialogue maybe don't start with "Liberals are strangely silent on this. Why?". It was posted late at night on a Sunday. And you expect people to jump on it and give a reply within hours? And really it's not a news story I find too interesting in the grand scheme of what's going on in the world. An adjunct professor in another country was not renewed for another term. Possibly for having differing views on climate science than others in the University. ok

That's fine if you have a genuine ask. And maybe I'm reading it or taking it in a way you didn't intend....but if you are making a genuine ask for a dialogue maybe don't start with "Liberals are strangely silent on this. Why?". It was posted late at night on a Sunday. And you expect people to jump on it and give a reply within hours? And really it's not a news story I find too interesting in the grand scheme of what's going on in the world. An adjunct professor in another country was not renewed for another term. Possibly for having differing views on climate science than others in the University. ok
Then how about Dr. Judith Curry of Tech who, though actually a climate-change supporter, didn't agree with everything that the freaks claim, and thus was more-or-less pressured into resigning.

Deleted member 2897

Probably just sleeping.

I agree with a lot of your pushback on the 'I just posted a question, why have you not immediately responded!' point...but give me a break on the 'climate change denying' bit. I have never met even the most ridiculous person on the right who thinks the climate isn't changing. How is it that I can think (know) that humans are polluting the planet, having widespread impacts on the climate, yet then not be allowed to prefer a different set of public policies? That's my issue with the left - its fascist - 1 + 1 = 2. Nobody can deny that. Therefore, I now have to think like you and want the same type of government programs. Huh?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It was indeed a genuine ask. I was in DisneyWorld, tired after a long day of frivolity, and paid no never mind to time stamps on how long the story had bene out and whether anyone had had time to respond yet. Perhaps my question was ill-phrased, but I feel like i have often asked questions that have not been answered by my respected colleagues on the left, and really wanted to hear an opinion on this one.

If I understand your opinion, it sounds like you are saying you are not convinced that she was denied tenure because of her academic views. Even though the university in fact did not deny this was the case. To be honest there is just as much evidence of corruption by the university as there is about Trump.....that is to say a bunch of circumstantial information and opinion. The difference is you seem to intuitively believe the university is clean, and that bothers me. While I do not agree with the extremists in the #MeToo movement who believe any woman should be believed simply because she makes a claim, I can respect the idea that claims should be investigated and authority confronted for the truth.

Truth lovers of all ilks and political persuasions should agree.

Certainly you cannot mean you are OK with discriminating based on a person's academic opinions?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with a lot of your pushback on the 'I just posted a question, why have you not immediately responded!' point...but give me a break on the 'climate change denying' bit. I have never met even the most ridiculous person on the right who thinks the climate isn't changing. How is it that I can think (know) that humans are polluting the planet, having widespread impacts on the climate, yet then not be allowed to prefer a different set of public policies? That's my issue with the left - its fascist - 1 + 1 = 2. Nobody can deny that. Therefore, I now have to think like you and want the same type of government programs. Huh?

Climate change denying...or climate change skeptics...whatever term you want to use. There ARE in fact people who deny humans have any effect. Trump ran on that. "We don't know if it's getting warmer but if it is then humans aren't the cause of it." (rough quotation). That's a dumb statement no matter how you slice it. He's tweeted out that climate change is a Chinese Hoax. If that's POTUS then you know there's plenty who DO in fact believe that humans don't have an effect. And sure, there can be discussion on reports/studies/academia culture/etc. But when facing the election it does seemingly have one side that is closer to the Green New Deal and one side that is refusing to acknowledge humans' effect on climate and is rolling back environmental regulations. With the 2 party system we are frequently left with 2 options to vote for that don't perfectly reflect what we believe so you tend to vote for which one's values are closer. For me, while I may not agree with every line of the Green New Deal, or agree with every academic pushing a certain narrative, I am closer to the left than the right (obviously) and vote accordingly.

Has Trump or the GOP rolled out any environmental legislation or plan that you feel will address humans' effect on the planet?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Climate change denying...or climate change skeptics...whatever term you want to use. There ARE in fact people who deny humans have any effect. Trump ran on that. "We don't know if it's getting warmer but if it is then humans aren't the cause of it." (rough quotation). That's a dumb statement no matter how you slice it. He's tweeted out that climate change is a Chinese Hoax. If that's POTUS then you know there's plenty who DO in fact believe that humans don't have an effect. And sure, there can be discussion on reports/studies/academia culture/etc. But when facing the election it does seemingly have one side that is closer to the Green New Deal and one side that is refusing to acknowledge humans' effect on climate and is rolling back environmental regulations. With the 2 party system we are frequently left with 2 options to vote for that don't perfectly reflect what we believe so you tend to vote for which one's values are closer. For me, while I may not agree with every line of the Green New Deal, or agree with every academic pushing a certain narrative, I am closer to the left than the right (obviously) and vote accordingly.

Has Trump or the GOP rolled out any environmental legislation or plan that you feel will address humans' effect on the planet?
Ah, I see you have found your religion! And damn the infidels who disagree, right?