2015 Warmest Year on Record

Animal02

Banned
69589507_2396814687070769_5008618134190424064_o.jpg

Animal02

Banned
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/unfriendly-climate?utm_source=pocket-newtab

She claims others have no use for facts, but uses "The number of billion-dollar weather disasters in the United States had ballooned from one or two per year in the eighties to eight to twelve today," as part of her arguement.
There are many times more Millionaires in the country than there were in the eights.....and it is not because so many more people are getting rich

Deleted member 2897

Yea, this girl is an idiot and a typical hypocrite. Histerical alarmism about how we’re all about to die and the earth is dying. And then she sails on a ship made out of petroleum products, flies 2 of her crew over to New York and flies 2 back home that sailed over. If you truly believe all these end of the world things you yell, you wouldn’t live like a Hollywood jet setter burning even more fossil fuels than the average person. You’d webcast/telecast yourself from home or you’d do it in Switzerland over there. You’d say “unlike Al Gore whose carbon footprint is equal to 10 people, I watch what I do and I practice what I preach.”

Deleted member 2897

The thermosphere doesn't affect the troposphere and its related weather. At least, I can't find a source saying it does.

NASA: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/yes-the-sun-is-less-active-no-youre-not-likely-to-notice

Well it is a known fact that heat escapes the atmosphere. That's part of the argument around human-caused global warming - we are generating gasses that aid to trap more heat into the atmosphere. And as I'm sure we all remember from heat transfer classes, the greater the temperature gradient, the higher the flow of energy in the direction from high temperature to low temperature. The worrying thing to me is that the upper atmosphere is cooling and sunspot activity is low, but the temperatures on the earth in many places continue to rise. Just speculation obviously, but my next thought would be if those trends change it will even fuel temperature rise more.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The implication (at the very least) of this and similar links is that they are all intertwined, and to project something based on looking at only one factor is totally meaningless.

What makes you think climate projections are based entirely on one factor? Anyone who knows machine learning or AI knows that it takes in more things than humans can account for. It's more likely people just bring up co2 in every article/publication surrounding it since it's the one thing rapidly increase over the last 50 years that has an effect (your own sources admit that) that we can change.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well it is a known fact that heat escapes the atmosphere. That's part of the argument around human-caused global warming - we are generating gasses that aid to trap more heat into the atmosphere. And as I'm sure we all remember from heat transfer classes, the greater the temperature gradient, the higher the flow of energy in the direction from high temperature to low temperature. The worrying thing to me is that the upper atmosphere is cooling and sunspot activity is low, but the temperatures on the earth in many places continue to rise. Just speculation obviously, but my next thought would be if those trends change it will even fuel temperature rise more.

That's actually a very interesting point! There's been some studies that show that increased greenhouse gases ends up reducing upper atmosphere temperatures because less solar radiation escapes. This also caused some early models to be wrong because they were taken with weather balloons that were sitting in this overlap between the troposphere and the stratosphere.

That's actually a very interesting point! There's been some studies that show that increased greenhouse gases ends up reducing upper atmosphere temperatures because less solar radiation escapes. This also caused some early models to be wrong because they were taken with weather balloons that were sitting in this overlap between the troposphere and the stratosphere.
You pretty much confirm my position: there are more inter-connected factors that prohibit ONE model being used to explain everything.